Chapter 3: A New Start

That fall hurt a lot. I think it knocked me out for a moment. I was caught in the vines of a tree. I look down to see Sucy and Lotte brushing dirt and leaves from themselves.

"Dammit!" cursed Sucy, "Now we don't know where we are. We'll miss the welcoming ceremony and will be denied our place in the school."

"Hey it can't be all that bad," I retort, "We shouldn't be too far away from Luna Nova. We probably have to fly over there."

Sucy glared at me but sighed realizing that getting angry will do nothing to benefit us.

"Atsuko's right, Sucy. There is no point in us fighting."

"Thank you, Lotte. I see you understand me."

"But that doesn't excuse you from having salt in the Leyline," Lotte remarked, "They stay dead for a few hours due to the salt damage."

I look around the surrounding area and I see many trees both dead and alive filling each nook and cranny of the area. I partially transform to cut myself from the vines and I land on the ground near Sucy and Lotte.

"Where are we?" I ask them.

"No idea," replied Lotte.

"Arcturus... This is the Arcturus."

"What's Arcturus?" I ask Sucy.

"What? Arcturus?" Lotte interrupted, "The same place where The Nine Olde Witches sealed away the Grand Triskelion? The place where Claiomh Solais chose Chariot du Nord as its wielder? How are we here? Isn't this place supposed to be sealed off?"

My interest was piqued at "Chariot Du Nord".

"Wait, you know about Chariot du Nord, Lotte?"

"Huh? Yeah, who hasn't heard of her? She was chosen to wield Claiomh Solais, which is said to be the staff that harbors the power of all of the nine witches."

"Claiomh Solais?" I asked confused.

"It's more commonly known as the Shiny Rod," Lotte states, "It has the power to open the Grand Triskellion."

"Grand Triskellion?"

" Jumalauta, Atsuko! Don't you know anything about witches other than spells?"

"Guys! Quiet!" yelled Sucy.

Lotte and I stop arguing.

"Do you hear that?" Sucy whispered.

We gaze in the same direction she was looking and listen to whatever Sucy was hearing. We heard rumbling from far away. It was rhythmic like footsteps. It got closer and closer to us. Sucy and Lotte pull out their wands and they illuminate them with mana. I get into a battle stance, ready to fight whatever is in the distance.

The rumbling stopped, but we didn't let our guard down. A large bird's head popped from the foliage. It looked at us and it cawed.

"On your brooms!" yelled Sucy.

She got on her broom and I mount on behind her. Lotte also gets to her broom and mounts it. They yell the spell and we begin to fly at a high speed.

"Hey!" I yell, "Why don't we fight that overgrown bird?"

"That's a Cockatrice," explained Sucy, "Its breath can turn you into stone and its feathers are poisonous. Fighting it is not exactly the best thing to do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New P.O.V. - Professor Ursula/Chariot du Nord