Chapter 14: Enfant Perdu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. - Yako Nogitsune

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been training in the laboratory for hours now. This time, specifically, I was doing my thermal training.

Mom put some steel bars in front of me. I focus my mana,  take a deep breath, and I breathe fire on them. They melted almost instantly.

"I see you have been training on your own time, Yako." My mother congratulated me, "Now, let's try this."

She put a green crystalline shard in front of me. I recognized it as a Sorcerer's Stone fragment.

"Let's see your development, Yako."

As Mom walks away, I breathe fire on the shard as hard as I can.

"Nice, you are at a good 1,538 Celsius... Push beyond your limits. Allow the seal to aid you."

I focused some of my mana into the seal on my back and activated it. I felt a surge of mana come from within me and my fires became more unruly and untamed.

"Good, Yako. You are reaching 3,000 Celsius."

After a while, my fire, as well as my fur, turned blue. I, even though I was unwilling, transformed into my kitsune form and kept going. 

(*** I do not own this art

(*** I do not own this art. This is by MischieviousRaven on Deviantart.)

This is my peak form...

Kagutsuchi  Keitai (Kagutsuchi Embodiedment) 

"You are at a shocking 5,000 Celsius, Yako. You may stop now."

I stopped my torrential flames to see I had made a small crack barely visible on the fragment.

"Better, Yako." My mother encouraged, "Your flames are burning hotter than ever. Keep this up and you can melt Sorcerer Stones with ease."

I nod to her and she smiles. 

I stop using the seal and I revert to my normal fox form before going back to partial transformation.

I was panting, due to the amount of mana my body had to expend using that technique. 

"That's my boy," Mom said as she patted my head, "Not too much longer, you may be able to handle the Council of Magicians... I still need to study more of that blue form you have. 

I have never seen a kitsune, not even the Kagari, do that. I believe you have awakened some type of enlightenment that other foxes do not have. And if it does indeed have other users, then Tenko Kagari has been keeping secrets... Anyway, Let us stop here for the day. You have been training all day."