Chapter 22: Valliant Rivalry

*** This takes place the day after the last Chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. - Akko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up with the sun in my eyes. My head feels light, but not in a bad way. My headache is gone. 

I hear the door open and see one of the nurses.

"How are you feeling?" she asks me.

"I feel normal again. May I be discharged?"

"Sure, but be sure not to overexert yourself in your training, especially now since the Sorcerer Stone has been blocked."

"It's been blocked? Why?"

"The tournament tryouts will happen within the next month, so this is the time to gauge your abilities and determine if you and your squadron think they're strong enough to participate."

"I see... Thanks for telling me."

I get up from out of the infirmary bed and make my way back into the school hallways.

As I walked through the hallways, I heard many girls gossiping about me. I think they forget I can hear everything they say. Or maybe, they want time to hear.

"She caused that ruckus yesterday."

"I don't think she's safe to be around."

"What kind of mana do kitsune have to be able to pull something like that off?"

"Seems like she is as strong as Akari."

"I'm steering clear from someone that strong."

"I bet she can beat Adaobi."

"I bet she can beat Diana."

I honestly don't know what I think about it. I'm not even sure what I did myself other than the fact Lemmy and I synced...

Lemmy, right, he's in the greenhouse. I need to perform the ritual to make him my familiar.

"Hello! Atsuko, we need to have an interview with you!" shouted a voice I recognize and hate all too well.

"I bet you hear the whole school is talking about that tornado of fire you pulled off! Want to say anything about it? People are dying to know what kind of ability you have! Is it something you are working on for the tournament tryouts?"

I composed myself and took a deep breath.

"Wangari, I am only going to say this once... I don't know what I did. All I know is that I was training with Lemmy, and somehow, we synced and caused that fire tornado."

"Lemmy? Is that the golem that was found with you?"

"Yes."

"And you say you synced with him? Care to explain?"

"It was like we understood each other our mana flowed together in harmony... Or, I guess my mana flowed in harmony when he was around."

"Wow, is this some type of secret kitsune thing?"

"Not to my knowledge, no."

"Kim, you got that?"

"Of course I did, Ari."

"Thanks for your time, Atsuko!"

Wangari and her squadron quickly left and went off to get more stories or whatever they did in their spare time.