Chapter 15.5: Tales to Tell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. - Akko 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to someone shaking me in bad.

"Akko, wake up," said Lotte quietly.

I open my eyes and yawn.

"Yes, Lotte?"

"We have to leave Port Boyle. All of the deckhands are waiting for you."

I get up from my bed and stretch.

"Okay... I'm coming."

I walk up the stairs with Lotte up onto the main deck. 

We must have slept for the rest of the day yesterday because it was dark. 

"Akko!" said Akari as she approached me.

"Get your deckhands ready. We are sailing out."

"All the ropes are untied, Captain." informed Jasminka, "We are ready to sail out."

"Good to hear," responded Akari, "Constanze, ease us out. Deckhands, let loose the main. And when we face east, let loose the top. Constanze, you are off for the night once we are sailing smoothly. I will take the helm."

As we slowly drifted from the dock, the ship turned east. No ships were sailing into port, so we had a clear waterway.

As we sailed out, everyone sighed in relief. I look around to see everyone in not-so-good condition, especially Constanze.

She held her head as she was at the helm. She is most likely regretting her decision to drink bottles upon bottles of wine.

"Alright, everyone is off duty for now. The wind is right, so we can probably just sail straight on with no problems as long as the weather stays good." 

Akari walks up to the helm and takes the wheel from Constanze. Constanze makes her hungover self walk to the stairs that lead to the lower decks. She needs sleep.

"Alright, ye gobshites," announced Treva, "I guess we have the night to ourselves."

She grabs one of the crates on deck and sits on it. 

All of us follow suit and make a circle on the deck.

"I can get a light sprite to provide us light if that will help." offered Loote.

"Sure, go ahead," Treva said happily.

Lotte sang a short tune of notes, and from it, came a sprite that laid between the circle and showed a light like a fire.

We all gaze at the light the sprite made in awe. It looked so beautiful.  A flurry of white and blue swirling around in the warm air of the night.

"I'm thinking we tell stories."

"That sounds nice," said Lotte, "That will also give all of us a chance to learn more about each other."

Everyone nodded at the idea.

"Alright, since I suggested it, I'll go first... I guess I'll tell you all about Diana and her boyfriend."

"Treva!" Diana said with a red face.

"What's so interesting about Andrew?" I asked, "Sure, he's hot, but all he does is listen to his parents and has no goals for himself."

"Oh, fox, you don't know, I forget that you don't," Treva said giggling to herself.