Chapter 21: Lemmy!

*** This takes place a week after the Return to Luna Nova.

*** (Author's Note) Guys, I borrowed a school laptop for the time being, but during the summer, I will be working a job to buy a suitable laptop for myself.——————————————————————————————————————————-

P.O.V. - Akko

——————————————————————————————————————————-

"Again, Akko!" Shouted Miss Finnelan.

I wielded my wand and I focused my mana into it. My target was a metal pole that had been fairly scorched by fire.

I stood about 15 meters from the pole, and from my wand came a dragon made of fire. I directed it toward the pole but did not strike it. My training was to spiral it around the pole like a snake coiled around a tree.

My fire dragon dispersed after spiraling around the pole three times, just shy of half the dragon.

Miss Finnelan came to me and sighed.

"We can stop for now. You are starting to deplete your mana."

"No! I can keep going! I'm so close!"

"Akko!" She said sharply, "Rest is just as important as training. You won't get anywhere overexerting yourself... Besides, it is your lunch period anyway. Go and rest for now and eat something. Come back afterward."

"Y- Yes, Miss Finnelan."

I put my wand in my sash and go to the main building.

I've been training with Miss Finnelan ever since we returned from Nigeria. I still remember the day I asked her.

We had just returned to Luna Nova and went over to Headmaster Holbrooke's office.

________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback - 1 week ago.

________________________________________________________________________________

"You girls have had quite the adventure," spoke Headmaster Holbrooke, "I will pay you all handsomely for your hard work at keeping away those pirates... And as for you, Adam, I will see to your request, but I cannot guarantee it."

Adam smiled and trembled with tears of joy in his eyes.

"Thank you, Madame Holbrooke. I am grateful."

"However," Headmaster continued, "You will be kept in our prisons as I seek approval from the other council members. Akari, take him to a cell, will you?"

"Yes Ma'am," responded Akari.

She grabbed his wrists and put them behind his back before leading him out of the Headmaster's office.

"Usually I would send your pay in a letter sent to your dorms, but I will pay you all directly this time, except for Miss Manbavaran, due to her absence."

Right, Sucy is in the school infirmary being healed. Even though she rested well, that wound still needs serious attention.

All of us, one by one, walked up to her desk and took an envelope.

"You may all be dismissed."

We all bowed to her before leaving the room.

"Finally, our pay," spoke Amanda, who opened her envelope.

She took out the contents to reveal a stack of euros.

"What!" she said in shock.

She counted the money and was in shock at the amount.