Chapter 6: Lotte's Convention

***This takes place one month after the first day of school. Two weeks in, Akko and her friends were confronted by Anne Finneland about going on quests! Unfortunately, they are low-level quests involving community service in Blythonbury. Sure, she may have a break from going to classes, but this was not the type of stuff she had in mind when she was tasked to do quests.

She wanted a break from it all. Luckily, that's what the weekend is for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. - Akko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh! Why are we given such a low-level quest!" I complained, "Do they think we're not strong enough, Dayo!"

"Again, Akko, being a witch is more than just magic and spells" Lotte comforted, "Besides, Tomorrow is Saturday, so we will have the day off."

"Ugh... I can't believe we were tasked with cleaning up trash by the river. That's all we have been doing for the past two weeks! It's always cleaning up the park, doing janitorial work for small businesses, and now we're cleaning trash by the river."

"Shut the hell up and pick up the damn trash, Kagari." Sucy nonchalantly announced, "You're not getting it done faster by talking."

"Oh shut up, Sucy, you said that you would gladly ditch on this if we weren't getting paid for our quest."

"And that's the best part. We are getting paid to do this. Though I will admit, a harder quest would be a nice change of pace, and it would pay more as well."

"See, Lotte, even Sucy agrees with me."

"Jumalauta... Just finish the work, Akko."

"C'mon, Lotte! Diana and her team went on a high-level quest just last week! They defeated some Afnacs that were terrorizing a Welsh town! We should be doing that. We can fight some beavers too, Dayo!"

"Shut the hell up, Kagari!"

"Oh yeah? Make me!"

Sucy and I growl at each other and show our teeth.

"Stop it you two!" Lotte shouts at us, "I'm tired just as much as you two are and I just want to get this done! You two bickering won't get this work done!"

Sucy and I calmed down and we continued our work.

We continued to pick up trash until the sun began to set. We dispose of the trash and walk back to the school campus.

"What do y'all want to do tomorrow?" I ask my team.

"I'll probably be out picking mushrooms. Want to join me, Kagari?"

I remember the last time I volunteered to help Sucy pick mushrooms. I've had wasps and bees chase me on three separate occasions within two weeks.

"I'm good, Sucy."

"Your loss."

"What about you Lotte? Where are you going?"

"I have a date to get to."

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you have a special somebody. Where are you two going?"

"We're going to the Nightfall Convention in Downtown Blythonbury."

"What? A convention? That's not very romantic."

"The Nightfall books is one of the few things that Frank and I bonded over. We have been to every convention ever since we were twelve."