Chapter 4: Serena

Tracing the lining of my tumbler, I kept on waiting for my date to arrive. It has already been past the meeting time and in veritable, I lied to Gavin about me arriving before time.

I am neither a worshipper of truth, nor a big of fan of lie, but to save my ass, I have to lie, specially from the God like Gavin.

At rock-bottom, he thinks himself so.

If he would have discovered that I arrived and my date is hanging on time, he would have had aha moment, and made gladden face and looked down at me as if i am some ant crawling over his Armani suit.

I mean it’s not wrong to arrive before your date and if or she is late, but for great, great Gavin, it must be, as far I can read him.

But I must try to push Gavin out of my brain, and not just push but, kick him out of my brain, which he has occupied and lately living as a tenant there for free. It’s seriously quite late now, and my brain has started to run in different directions, asking questions.

‘Is he going to hang on me?’

Or..

‘Am I not hot enough?’

Or..

‘What Gavin will think?’

Goddd....

Please just for once keep Gavin out of my mind and we will have a long good talk over this issue of mine, where I am almost on a date with some other man and my idiot brain is still stuck on Gavin’s neck like he is some brand new cloth and my brain is lashed down tag along with it.

Just as i was having some serious quandary with my brain and accusing God for creating me so, my cell phone pinged and vibrated.

Without giving a second thought, i opened the text, which was from Archer.

Archer: can’t make it today.

His single text was enough to boil my blood, running hot in veins.
Of all days, my good for nothing date chose this particular one to make me feel more embarrassed.

I don’t understand, why I swipe right on this man? Because of my recent frustration with Gavin?

Because I was desperate to unhitch my glue like brain from my patient, that I just went ahead with anyone.

He didn’t even sent a simple sorry.

Raising my glass and nearing my lips, I pushed my grey goose down my throat in a single go, leaving its burning sensation throughout the way.

Bastard.

I will need something more stronger to face Gavin shamelessly.

On the contraposition, I think I am the one who is much more unnerved. Was it not for Gavin’s presence tonight, this whole thing would have bothered me least.

I would have finished my drink in silence, collected my purse and would have walked out of this place like nothing happened at all.

And yes, would have made sure to block that son of a bitch instantly because Gavin present or absent, no one stands me.

But his presence is making things a lot difficult for my a lot conscious mind.

“One Jack Daniel’s Single Barriel.”

I didn’t finish my order and corner of my eye caught Gavin back to the stool.

Here he is, back to burn my reputation.

God..

How will I face him in our coming sessions?

“So? Still your date haven’t reached?”