Chapter 19: Gavin

As the golden threads emerging from sun caressed Serena’s sleeping silhouette, it made her look luminous. It hit her dark thick hairs, playing hide and seek at certain places.
Contemplated, I kept staring at her, as if she has casted some spell on me. Where she was traveling far in the fairyland, I, like some creep, was staring down at her.
Because of strain her mind was carrying, last night she slept as soon as we ended our discussion. And since my Serene was by my side, I too slept almost instantly. And when I woke up in the morning, she was already in my arms, sleeping soundly like a baby. As she rubbed her face where my shirt was not covering my white chest, it became more and more difficult for me to just lie by her side.
Slowly and steadily, drifting myself from her beautiful clutch, I walked straight in the washroom. Letting the cold water run and drip down my body, I let my mind calm down. In such situations, only freezing water can help me.

By the time I came out, I already had a message from John waiting for me to read on my cell phone. And a satisfied smile stretched on my face.
As if universe is with me, Serena stir on her bed, as finally her soul was sliding back from dreamland. 
‘Good, I don’t have to wait any longer.’

“Good morning Serena.”

She hadn’t even woken up properly yet and I was ready to slam the pictures of us on her face. Meanwhile, I collected my tab from nightstand, she gawked at my bare chest and back, still wet from shower. I was just in towel after a long relaxing wash and before I can bother myself to dress up properly, the headlines turned me like some excited electron.

‘Soon I will be providing with millions of reasons for you to gawk at me, as much as you wish for.'

I cleared my throat and that brought her back to the world surrounding us.

“I would like to show you something.”

Half dazed, rubbing her eyes, she spoke wide opening her mouth to yawn.

“Good morning Mr. Gray.”

She stretched her body as she replied me. I think her processor is working a bit slow.
Unlocking my tab I directly opened the headlines and slammed at her face. And I must say, it was a beautiful view, a sight to be seen. The way her eyes enlarged and wide eyed because of astonishment. The way sleep disappeared off her black marbles. I enjoyed it.

“Oh this me.”

"Us.”

She squeezed her eyes, similar to a kitten and bat her lids multiple times to get things penetrate her thick skull.

“Oh yes! That’s us.”

Her face lightened up like some sunflower. Am I cracking some joke or what? Or are we in headline for some good cause.
I handed my tab on her hand and spoke again, and this time around, I was irritated.

“Look carefully of how we are captured Serena. Read the article.”

As she read, colour from her face gradually drained. Our pictures were captured when we were sitting by the swimming pond in my premises, she was leaning her head on my shoulder, we were almost kissing with her eyes close shut, Serena exiting my car and I entering Serena’s house with her in my arms. Pictures were seemed as if were taken without our notice. But I was aware of the same.
I got Serena’s face blurred in the pictures, I don’t wish to stain her image along with mine, not yet.
The article mentioned of me secretly dating some mysterious girl. And how I am planning wedding and all nonsense not needed to be mentioned.

“What this gibberish is? What they have to do whoever you date? How can they come to a point that we are dating?”

Serena screamed at the top of her lungs and I covered my ears.

“Don’t worry, these rumours will dissolve as the time goes by.”

She threw my tab and removed blanket covering her to get off the bed.

“Do you really think this all to be this easy?”

She ceased in her action. And looked back at me as if I have lost the remaining sanity.

“Why it wont be? Are you some celebrity?”

She shrugged as she spoke and regained her activities.

“You can say that.”

She again halted and this time she re-covered herself with the blanket and sat there silently. Exactly, as I wished for. Now we are ready to have some good discussion.

“What do you mean?”

“Everyone knows me. Everyone knows I own Modanista. This news is going to spread like some wild fire. Soon everyone will know I am secretly dating someone.  And its just matter of time, this time around your face has been blurred but, if curiosity arises of whom I am dating, for money they wont think even once before showcasing you, your life.”

Some fear did crept on her face. She was no more as careless as she was. And if I guessed it correctly, most probably she was afraid to reveal herself.

“You can buy them before that occurs.”

Okay, delicious you are not as dumb as I thought. She knows how to tackle problems with money.

“I can, but the thing is, my reputation has already been tarnished. People must already be aware of me dating.”

“And how any if this is bothering you?”

Okay she knows me much better than I actually thought.

“Its will be affecting my business, investors and share holders might loose their trust on me.”

“How any of this is affecting them? What they have to do if you secretly date any girl or sleep with her or anything. It’s your personal life.”

She blurted and moved her hands in weird fashion up in the air.

“This is how world of business is. They might draw back their hands from me, my company which I tried to grow up like a baby of mine.”

I acted to gain some sympathy. It left its mark. I was able to see that in her eyes.

“Is there any solution?”

She whispered. This is what I wanted. This is where I wished her to stand. To help me.

“There is. But I don’t think you will agree to that.”

She didn’t spoke. Remained silent.

“We can date.”

“Whatt?”

She screamed one more time and my ears buzzed.

“Serena, slowly. I am just proposing a fake date. A fake relationship. For world we will be dating but in reality we will be living our own life.”

She turned silent. She looked at me helplessly. What else can I do darling. You have forced me to take this step.

“It’s not like you are dating someone. You will get the perks of a real date.”

She looked at me as if bored. As if those were not the only needs to be quenched in a relationship.

“Well I can be your real boyfriend and satisfy you. Only if you give the consent for.”

I laughed while her cheeks turned crimson red. She blushed and it added to her beauty.

“Fine I am ready to have a fake relationship, but soon you will announce that we had a clean breakup.”

“You have my words.”
‘Only if I let you go.’

Clapping my hands I moved to where my shirt from last night was laying peacefully on the floor.

“Fine, I will be going to my penthouse for sometime, and meanwhile, you get ready and pack your things.”

“Pack my things, what do you mean?”

Although my back was facing her but I know she must be staring at me as if I am some alien who took over the earth. But, here comes out the main course.

“Yeah, you will be living with me in my penthouse.”

“What? No ways, why would I live there?”

And third time she screamed. I looked back at her and my eyes bored at her. Sugar I would love to hear your screams, but definitely not this way.

“Serena, Please speak softly. I do have some problems with my ears. And we will have to live together. What people will think. I can’t even afford my girl?”

‘My girl.’
It rolled out of my tongue so easily but it sounded so weird.

“Gavin you are taking things too serious. We don’t need to go to that extent.”

“We do need. I already have numerous enemies trying to find just one mistake. My one mistake is enough for them to take me down. So please cooperate.”

“But how can I...”

“Serena, I saved your life. I was there with you when you had no one. I hope you will help me when I need a friend most.”

And that was my last attack. Instantly Serena’s pupil contracted. I turned back to leave her place to go back to mine. But before leaving I spoke to her for the last time.

“I hope by the time I return, you will have made up your mind and is ready to help me.”

Hey my lovely readers,
I wish you all to be fine and healthy.
I hope you liked the update. Do leave your comment.

Thank you,
Your author,,
~Galen_Yana...♡