Chapter 9: Gavin

I slammed shut the clinic’s door and walked near my car shuffling cigarette out of my pocket. I didn’t turned up today with a driver, as I ran straight from my work table to her, feeling it unbearable, after not getting to see her for these many days.

I came here, to her, to fish around my peace.

But Serena has proved to carry some guts going around and asking me stupid questions and stir me up for good.

If I have never mentioned anything about my mother then that’s clearly because I don’t have desire to talk about her.

I filled my lungs with a considerable amount of nicotine and carbon monoxide, before exhaling puff of smoke out, releasing more dopamine in my blood.

Irony, to calm my nerves down.
But it never helped.

May be because other than surfacing anxieties that were deeply buried for past years, I lashed out on Serena unnecessarily.

This is the fastest I have ever realised mistake I did.

But it’s already late and I stomped out of her cabin like a kid ran because his mother refused to buy him his one of the fav candies.

Not able to contain myself, I threw the cigarette butt on the concrete floor of parking area and walked in my car, not before I crushed the remaining butt under my shoes.

By the next morning my anxiety was at it’s peak and I was ridding high with apprehensiveness.

I called John but he didn’t received, causing me to curse him, over and over again.

By my fifth call, Lord finally showed me some mercy and received my call.

“Hey dude! What’s wrong with you?”

I heard his sleepy voice, compelling me to almost, almost throw gallons of cold water on him to wrap and throw his stupid sleep far, far away.

“What’s wrong with you? Why are still sleeping?”

He sighed heavily, as if I am his girlfriend and is making absurd demands.

“God, Gavin it’s 4 in the morning.”

His hoarse voice added irritation in me.

“So?”

“So?”

He almost screamed sending waves of disruption up to my brain.

“John shut the fuck up and stop screaming, my ears are sensitive.”

“So is my sleeping schedule, because the torment you give me while working hours requires a certain hours of sleep. Now keep the cell phone back and stop-calling-me.”

Toot-toot-toot.

Like a feisty cat, he growled at me, slapping my own call on my face, he hung up.

John, I suggest you to wish that by tomorrow my sourness soothes or else I will make the worst day off your life.

By the time actual morning arrived, my brain was so much occupied with Serena that I didn’t pestered to give attention to what John did in morning.

“Sir you asked for me?”

“Hmm, send a bouquet of yellow roses, to be precise fifteen yellow roses to Miss Serena.”

“Sure sir, any note attached to it?”

He sounded so robotic, unlike in the morning, when he was yelling at me.

“Yeah, I am sorry.”

“Sorry sir.”

I lifted my gaze up from my laptop and looked at John to find one corner of his lip slightly tugged up in a smirk.