Chapter 6: Serena

It feels so warm, snuggling in a strong arm, holding me just perfectly and his hard cologne filling my lungs to the brim.

My still drowned in sleep brain was not able to ponder the question, with whom I went home last night.

It was not Archer for sure, that fucker didn’t even showed up last night, neither that creepy idiot.

Then who..

Yeah, everything blacked out after..

..After I brushed my lips against Gavin’s.

My eyes tear open and everything surrounding me came running in front of my eyes, for me to take it in my observation.

Grey walls, grey abstract paintings hanging around on the wall, even grey sheets and duvet.

Me eyes at a leisurely pace coasted towards the ‘so-called-strong-arm’.

My eyes bulged beyond extent and if I cause them to open any further, they would pop out of my sockets.

Gavin’s arm.

Those white, veiny, strong arm, that I can recognize even in deep sleep.

Aghhhh.

Something is really wrong with me. Even at time like this, all I am thinking about is his arm’s texture.

I felt his small warm breath on the curvature of my neck, had me to turn my head, only to find him sleeping silently, without a sound, his long white lashes shadowing his handsome face, his chiselled sharp angled jaw and his tousled silver hairs covering his forehead.

But other than his outstanding features what attracted my attention was, his bare chest and once again my eyes bulged out exceeding its limit.

“Ahhh.”

Screaming, I liberated myself from his clutch and jumped down the bed, in the process waking Gavin up.

The first thing I checked was my clothes, and they were perfectly intact, on my body, at it’s accurate place.

“What’s wrong with you Doctor?”

He made himself sit on the bed resting his back on the head board, causing his duvet to slide low displaying his perfectly craved abs and they disappearing underneath duvet in a ‘V’. Above all, he sounded least discombobulated by us sharing the same bed.

“Why are we on same bed?”

I snapped almost immediately, partially to hold him guilty and partially upset that it’s troubling him at the very least.

“And you are shirtless.”

I stammered, trying to tear my gaze from his exposed chest.

And that asshole knew what his abs are stirring in me. He smirked. He had audacity to smirk.

“So what? You were out leaving things in midway, you were totally wasted, I didn’t knew your address, brought you home that’s it.”

He narrated, shrugging his shoulders, as if reading morning newspaper a loud.

This man got my cheeks red from what I almost did last night.

“And what about us sleeping in same bed? This big penthouse of yours don’t have another room or what?”

My words managed to extract a smile from him. I don’t feel compassionate towards the thing  he found so funny.

“This big penthouse of mine, do have a plenty of guest rooms, but they all are covered in dust because were not used for a long time, and I don’t prefer sleeping in such condition.”

“Well I could have slept there. You should have thrown me there.”

I huffed, I don’t know what was making me this angry.

“Yeah, you could have slept there so when you wake up the other morning run around crying for throwing you in rooms full of dust, the same way you are doing it right now?”

“I am not crying.”

I stomped literally like a kid.

“I would have been much more happy to wake up in dust filled room rather than next to you.”

He stared down at me, as if I have grown an extra head.

“Why?”

His blue eyes burnt holes in my face, causing me to shift my weight from one leg to the other.

“Because you are my patient, and I..”

I left word hanging on the air, observing his pupil dilate, attaining darkest shade of itself.

“Please continue.”

His as deep as ocean voice, sent shiver down my spine, stopping me from opening my mouth once again.

His words were requesting but voice, contradictorily was demanding.

But my stupid mouth, has a brain of it’s own and as demanded, started to continue.

“I don’t get involve with mine patients.”

An awkwardness shrouded us. Where earlier Gavin was amused and cracking stupid joke, started to give the same frosting Siberian vibes, his usual one’s.

My spine stilled and I felt cold creeping up the back of my neck.

Turn half circle, I made up my mind to leave the place at my earliest convenience. That’s equitable decision for both of us.

Not to get involved any further.

Collecting my clutch and cell phone I was about to exit the room, when I felt Gavin’s grip on my wrist.

“Where are you going.”

Okay Gavin, try to understand, it’s not healthy for my heart to have this increased pace.

Indirectly, you and your approaches are not a healthy thing for my heart.
Twisting my wrist free from his clutch, I exhaled.

“Home.”

I turned back but stopped on my track to warn him one more time.

“And Gavin, from next time if you meet me out of the clinic, please act as if you don’t know me.”

I almost made a small run out of his room and slammed the door behind me, as if some ghost is following me.

While my way to home my brain ran in the same direction.

The hurt Gavin’s eyes were carrying, when I requested him not to identify me.

May be, I am reading too much. But for sure I had said more than necessary.

Because, for fortnights straight he skipped his regular sessions.

I even contacted his secretary, John, but he said that he did informed about appointments to Gavin, but he didn’t responded.

Suddenly after two weeks, Gavin entered counselling room followed by my nurse, when I was busy with my other patient.
And Lord! He looked devastated.

“We need to talk.”