⁶i'm rooting for you, ryu

Ryu and Enji were on the edge of their seats as their children battled, the two students engaged in a hand-to-hand spar that Shoto was leading while Rin was on the defence.

"I'm surprised you enrolled Rin at U.A." Enji's voice slithered into Ryu's ears.

Ryu leaned back in his seat as he watched his daughter smoothly skate across Shoto's ice, her feet melting the cold structure Shoto had created as she skidded away from one of his ice attacks.

Shoto and Rin had been battling for a while now, Shoto dominating the majority of the time due to his powerful ice quirk while Rin mostly dodged his attacks while keeping her distance. He had yet to use his fire quirk like he did during the fight with Midoriya, but it didn't seem like he needed to use it anyways.

Rin seemed to be desperately losing.

"I can't deny my daughter what she desires. She has an impressive quirk, so be it." Ryu calmly responded, not letting Enji's provocation get to him. "Besides, it is not my fault if your son loses against my daughter."

Enji chuckled, "funny you say that given that my son has the upperhand."

Ryu's sapphire eyes traced Rin as she staggered back, her body dodging to the side as Shoto shot an icicle her way, edging closer to her.

Ryu still held his sentiment to Rin the night before to heart: he was confident that Rin would win the festival. Ryu reassured Rin prior to the festival to take her time to come up with a plan. If she couldn't dodge his attacks, she could easily melt them.

So, there was nothing to worry about.

"Does he have the upperhand?" Ryu questioned curiously, Enji's attention turning back to their children.

Enji noticed how Shoto's face was patterned with frost, his fingertips blackening as he lost slight feeling in his hands from the continuous use of his ice quirk.

"Or, is Rin letting him have the upperhand?" Ryu whispered, shivers running down Enji's spine as he saw Rin's passive demeanour drastically transform before his eyes.

Rin suddenly sprinted towards Shoto,  the boy not hesitating to send another ice attack towards her only for her body to suddenly disintegrate into gold dust. Shoto's eyes darted around the arena, trying to track the sand-like particles only for it to be too dispersed for him to catch sight of it.

Everyone sat up in their seats. The sudden turning point piqued their interests.

It was then that Enji realised why his son had been easily dominating the fight; Rin had been holding back while trying to come up with a plan, leaving Shoto to let his body freeze over.

She purposefully waited for him to slow down, just letting the temperamental boy rile himself up.

Ryu glanced at Enji, noticing how his stoic expression didn't falter.

"We will always have the upper hand because you'll never know what's at stake." Enji ominously commented. "If your daughter wins, Shoto will begin courting her."

Enji's head tilted up, his arms crossed against his chest as he carefully watched the fight below.

Meanwhile, Ryu's head whipped back to the fight as the undeniable hum of an upcoming exploding star caused the arena to vibrate, the two heroes observing as stardust slowly assembled from behind Shoto's back, Rin's figure appearing. In her palm was a fiery orb, the centre a pearly white.

Her arm pulled back, her eyes gleamed as she aimed to launch the fire ball into Shoto's back.

Enji smirked at Ryu, noticing how the man's face paled.