¹⁵because it's you

Shoto had not expected to be cornered by Jirou on the last day of school.

As per usual, he'd been minding his own business, making his way to Rin's last class to pick her up and walk her home. But he'd been ambushed, brutally grasped by the arm before he was tugged into the main courtyard of the school.

His assailant had been none other than his 'girlfriend's best friend who had a finger to her lips before she pointed to their homeroom classroom.

Rin left the classroom with Midoriya and Uraraka, a small smile on her face as she watched the two playfully joke. When their figures had disappeared deeper into the hallways, Shoto turned to Jirou, confused as to why they were hiding from her.

"What's going on?" Shoto spoke first, looking down at the earphone girl who peered past his shoulder, making sure Rin was long gone.

"We need to talk," Shoto blanky watched as Jirou dragged him towards the garden.

"Did you have to grab me like that?" Shoto questioned, sitting on the wall of the garden wall.

"Sorry," she said with an embarrassed blush. "Look, it's about Rin."

Shoto crossed his arms, "no way, I couldn't tell."

Jirou clicked her tongue, swiping at his arm.

"Don't sass me," she reprimanded, hiding the smile that wanted to grace her pretty face. "You're around Hanta and Mina too much,"

"Okay, sorry, tell me why you took me away from my friends." Jirou raised a brow. 

Shoto stared ahead where Rin had disappeared, jealous that his friends were all walking home together without him.

She found it kind of sweet how pouty he was.

"Right," Jirou turned her body to him. "You do know that Rin's birthday is soon, right?"

"I know it's sometime early August from memory."

"Precisely." Shoto turned to her, now intrigued by her mischievous tone. "It's during the training camp and our classmates want to do a birthday celebration for me, Rin and Iida since we're all in August. Her birthday is on the second night of camp."

Shoto nodded. Ever since Hagakure, Sato and Kaminari had their birthdays together in June, their classmates made an effort to celebrate Midoriya, Sero and Ashido's birthdays that month. It was no surprise that their classmates wanted to continue the tradition.

"Sounds like a good idea," Shoto commented. "Why do you need my input?"

He was privy to the fact that Bakugou and Jirou knew their relationship was fake, it made his life a little bit easier knowing he didn't have to pretend to date her around at least three people, Midoriya being the third person to know.

Jirou's face softened as she fidgeted with her earphone jacks, her mind wandering.

"Well... you probably don't know this, but Rin gets a little lethargic during her birthday. She hasn't really celebrated it since her mother passed away." Jirou began. "So... we wanted to surprise them with a party. I was hoping you would come on our trip to the mall after school today and help the boys shop for all of Rin's favourite snacks while the girls and I keep her distracted."

Going on outings with their entire class was not Shoto's vibe. He had the tendency to get socially drained around his classmates, they were a bit of an overwhelming bunch at times. 

But he knew Rin had been down in the dumps recently. It couldn't hurt to sacrifice his sanity for a few hours, right?

Shoto painfully closed his eyes, "sure."