¹⁴ it's only natural

"Takahashi!"

Rin's head whipped upwards, her figure straightening as she sat up in her seat. She looked around the classroom in confusion, noticing how her peers were packing up their desks.

Iida loomed over her, his arms crossed as he stared down at her.

She'd fallen asleep in class again.

"I know it's the last week of school, but you shouldn't be sleeping in class." Iida reprimanded, putting a can of iced coffee on her desk. "Here, have this tomorrow morning. Not now, otherwise you won't be able to sleep tonight. Come to school with more sleep, Takahashi."

Rin gratefully smiled up at Iida as he left, rushing over to tell off someone else. Even though Iida could be really talkative and demanding at times, she knew it came from a place of care.

She brought the drink to her face, sighing at the cool feeling of the metallic can against her skin. After they finished their exams, Rin knew she passed with flying colours, it really felt like summer was coming.

But with summer came the hero classes' training camp.

The one event she'd been foreboding.

Rin sighed, hanging her head.

"Are you too warm, Rin?" She opened her eyes, a small yelp coming from her lips as she was immediately met with heterochromatic eyes.

She leaned back into her seat, Shoto was crouching in front of her desk with a concerned expression.

"I'm... I'm okay." She stammered, glancing at the drink she held to her cheek before she put it down onto her desk.

Shoto observed the heavy dark circles under her pretty eyes, her features slightly sunken in from possibly many restless nights.

"Are you ready to go?" Rin stood up from her desk, starting to pack her satchel.

"I have to talk to Mr Aizawa, so you can go ahead." She responded as the class began to excitedly rush out of class.

Shoto glanced at their classmates, namely Uraraka, Midoriya, Iida and Asui who waited for him near the doorway of their classroom.

"I can wait for you." Rin smiled softly as he grabbed her bag, slinging it over his shoulder. "I'll let Midoriya know to go ahead."

"Are you sure?" Shoto nodded, taking her drink from her hands and using his right hand to keep it cool. "Okay, I'll try to be quick."

Rin waited for the class to fully empty out, her mind absorbed by her and Shoto's discovery a few weeks ago in her father's office. Even though she put on a brave face and tried to go about her day as usual, Rin couldn't deny the immense anxiety that would visit her at night when it was only her and her thoughts left alone for hours.

Hence, the sleepless nights and the falling asleep during the day.

And Shoto had become intune with her anxiousness too, not because she was being obvious, but because he'd been strangely clingy to her these days. It was subtle, but Rin could tell he was catching onto her small tendencies and facial expressions, reading emotions and thoughts like a book.

It seemed like after seeing her so down in the dumps recently, he'd grown a soft spot for her.

"Takahashi, is there something I can do for you?" Rin was pulled out of her thoughts by her homeroom teacher.

She didn't even see him peer up from the piles of exams he was marking, but he clearly could sense her presence in the classroom.

"Actually, yes." Rin began, Aizawa's pen halting at her words. "It's something really private, so private that I can't quite tell you how I know any of this."