19

Y/n's pov:

These days I started spending more time with Minji. We would talk on the phone again like before, tease each other and she would come over sometimes but she was more reserved.

Haewon was busy with shows because of the new song's promotions and filming would be frozen for a while because the director decided to protest against our alleged "unprofessional and violent" behaviour.

Today, I was invited to host Music Bank as a special guest along Lee Chaemin and Le Sserafim's maknae, Eunchae.

According to my sources, both Nmixx and NewJeans would be part of my day. I was very happy to have my girlfriend around for some time.

We hadn't seen each other for a few days and everything seemed to be going alright so I had no reason to doubt if I was happy or not.

"Ready?" Mr.Kim asked me as I got in the van that would me to the Music Bank set.

"All good." I replied and wore my seatbelt.

Since I told him I started dating Haewon again, he was bummed. It feels like everyone is against me dating her.

We arrived and I tried to get in the building as low-key as I could. There's a door behind the one that idols walk through that no one bats an eye if I get in.

I got in to get my makeup done and read my script after talking with my manager for a while.

I sat on the corner of the set and watched NewJeans' performance of ETA while Eunchae and Chaemin were trying to wear their in-ears.

I was so focused on the performance. The song is super catchy and all of the girls shine in their own ways, but not overdoing it.

Every member has their own lines making them special. Minji had as many lines as every other yet, she was the most eye catching, I couldn't stop staring.

I was supposed to be focusing on my script but I couldn't.

"Why are you smiling so hard? You like the script that much?" Haewon suddenly appeared on my sight.

"Uh yeah! It's kind of cute." I said and pretended to examine it again.

"The script?" She asked as she took a look at it.

"Who else? Newjeans?" I chuckled as I felt myself sweating.

"Okay... I'm asking because it's kind of cringe and you're not one to do aegyo."

"You all did so well!" Eunchae exclaimed from behind and I turned my head to see no one other than the girls that performed previously.

"Thank you sunbae!" The youngest bowed down and all the others followed.

My eyes lit up when I saw Minji looking at my direction.

She signaled me to go over and I quickly glanced at Haewon who seemed to be looking at her phone and I got up.

"You did well! ETA is very catchy!" I smiled and my heart stopped when she suddenly pulled me in a warm hug.

"As a thank you." She gave me a dorky smile before going to her members.

I sat back on my place with Haewon and tried to focus again but the Newjeans members got in front of me to stand in their positions and monitor themselves before airing so I couldn't really do anything.

Chaemin was talking with Eunchae and improvising and some of the Newjeans members were drinking water. Normal, they were performing.

I was looking around the set but my eyes stopped on Minji every time I turned my head.

Sometimes she would catch me stare and other times I'd be trying to stop embarrassing myself. My girlfriend was right next to me.

"Y/n? Are you listening?" Haewon asked and moved her hand in front of my face to catch my attention.

"Uh? Yeah." I replied and looked at her. I rested my hand on my chin to grab it, since it felt like I wanted to turn my head every time I didn't have a clear view of Newjeans.

"You're so unfocused. What's going on?" She asked with a concerned and suspicious face.

"Nothing is going on. Oh! It's my time! Catch you later!" I awkwardly announced when I heard a small bell from behind.

"Yeah.. see you later... babe." Haewon got up with a sigh and got away from the set, just like she entered.

I stood next to a girl that looked like a cat, Haerin I suppose. A little in front of me was Eunchae, who then stood in front to do her usual greeting with Chaemin.

This is so cringe... Why does Music Bank give such lines? My greeting line is literally "What about me guys? I just got here!" Ugh.

"Newjeans have been dominating the charts these days... Right Y/n?" Chaemin asked and the camera turned to me.

"Yes! That's right! Newjeans, what's your ETA?" I turned to them and read my script before doing the little dance of the chorus.

"Haerin-ssi, can you talk a bit about the first title track?" Eunchae asked and the cat girl started talking about the addictive beat, the lyrics and the powerful performance.

"Minji-ssi, last week with Super Shy, you wished to have a great summer with lots of memories... Have you made any memories you want to mention yet?" Chaemin asked and Haerin passed the microphone behind her, to the girl I'm used to by now.

"I was really looking forward to this comeback so being here again is a memory I will keep in my head. Talking with bunnies has also boosted my confidence and has made me very happy." She smiled and then the other members continued with their lines after me asking some questions.

"Let's now look at Nmixx's party performance! Music... cue!" We all said at the same time and waved at the camera before the filming was over.

There is no actual live audience during these interviews so no one knows what actually happens behind the scenes. The laughs and the claps are all fake.

One to go now... Nmixx.

author: let's pretend that's actually music bank because I have no idea how the hell the audience and everything works there.