Chapter 17

The moment Ji Xia's face was rubbed by Jiang Yao's fingertips, she immediately took a step back subconsciously to avoid it and Jiang Yao didn't continue to chase after her but put his hand behind him;"Sorry, I didn't bring a napkin."

Jiang Yao's attitude is very natural as if the moment just now was just a conditioned reflex of being overwhelmed by her sudden tears. Ji Xia didn't want to think about it further so she shook her head and said that she was fine; "Let's go get our clothes quickly."

"Ji Xia."

Ji Xia couldn't wait to walk in the direction of the art building but Jiang Yao stood there without moving.

"Your call Fu Hengzhi "Mr Fu" and you don't look like a married couple at all... do you really like him to get engaged to him?"

"..."

Ji Xia also doesn't know if she likes him.

All she knew was that Fu Hengzhi left his phone number after the reception and then both her uncle and aunt were so happy that they were going crazy and her aunt even bluntly said that the future of the Ji family depended on her performance in front of Fu Hengzhi.

At that time, Ji Xia felt that she seemed to have been selected by Fu Hengzhi to became his pet. As long as she performed well she would be favored and rewarded.

But what if she doesn't perform well?

No one had told Ji Xia what would happen if she was hated by Fu Hengzhi. She could only try to make herself act more like a pet, be more obedient, be more quiet and work harder to cater to Fu Hengzhi.

Even if she won't be loved , as long as she's not hated by Fu Hengzhi, it's enough.

But not only Ji Xia but even her uncle and auntie didn't expect that Fu Hengzhi would propose marriage the second time he met her.

The marriage means that the Fu family and the Ji family will be linked together from then on. The uncle and aunt agreed to the marriage for Ji Xia almost without hesitation and after a simple engagement banquet, Ji Xia officially moved into Fu Hengzhi's mansion.

Even if you think about it now, it's almost unbelievable and it was as if when she woke up, she had suddenly become Fu Hengzhi's fiancee.

As for whether Ji Xia has feelings for Fu Hengzhi or not and what her wishes are, no one cares.

"You don't like him, do you?"

Ji Xia's moment of hesitation made Jiang Yao seem to grab the flagpole of victory and he almost immediately asked.

Then in the next second, Fu Hengzhi's call came in.

"Mr. Fu?"

The moment Ji Xia turned her back and answered the phone, her heart was empty as if Fu Hengzhi had heard all of her thoughts just now. She took a deep breath and calmed down; "Have you returned from the business trip?"

"Yes, just got off the plane." Fu Hengzhi's tone was still gentle, "How's the rehearsal going?"

Ji Xia immediately raised her legs to the Art Building again. "The teacher said that I have to practise one last time and then I can go but I still want to stay at school and practice for a while."

"Okay, wait for me."

Ji Xia didn't have time to think about the question Jiang Yao asked after hanging up the phone . They went back to the art building to get the old clothes and the two of them returned to the auditorium. After the performance, they parted with the girls in the class in front of the auditorium.

"Ji Xia, you still have to go to practice. Take a rest and let's go together in the evening ."

After all, after so many days of intense practice, most of the female students wanted to rest for the night even if they still have some thoughts of continuing in their hearts. When Ji Xia went to rest for a while before continuing at night, she shook her head;"I'll practice for a while and go home and rest."

The dormitory and the art building are in opposite directions so the group of girls waved goodbye to Ji Xia. She walked down to the art building before Fu Hengzhi arrived and she went upstairs and head into the dance room.

When Fu Hengzhi arrived, Ji Xia had been practicing in the dance room for a while. The door of the dance room was not closed and Ji Xia just happened to have her back to the door close to the window. The afternoon sunlight gently embraced the girl's snow - white body floating on a layer of fine fluff on making people wonder at the eccentricity of the creator at all times.

Ji Xia turned around and saw Fu Hengzhi standing at the door and her movement stopped abruptly. Fu Hengzhi's eyes look across the corner of her eyes first and was scalded without warning by the redness that had not yet dissipated.

She really cried but not in front of him but in front of Jiang Yao.