Chapter 48 - Goosebumps all over the body

At noon, she delivered food to Fu Hengzhi. After the two of them had eaten together in the office, Ji Xia took a nap in his lounge for a while before going to Lin Xiu's side.

Lin Xiu was still dressed very casually. If it was another person who wore the same clothes, he might have been described as sloppy and unkempt but because of his face, he showed a sense of laziness and arrogance.

"Please come in."

Lin Xiu's home was a small detached house located in the suburbs, not very accessible but quiet and accessible. When Ji Xia stepped into the entrance, she was slightly shocked by the simplicity of the interior.

There was nothing in the living room except a single sofa chair and now there was an easel in front of the sofa chair, obviously for Ji Xia.

"Sit down."

Lin Xiu's next move really confirmed Ji Xia's thoughts. He raised his finger and pointed to the only seat in the living room and then he sat directly in front of the drawing board.

"Sit sideways but the posture can be more flat as if something is holding you horizontally in the air."

"Is this...?"

Lin Xiu's description was a bit complicated but Ji Xia only realised after lying down on it that it wasn't difficult but even quite easy.

"Well, that's it."

"Don't I need to change my clothes?"

"No, put your hands down."

This man was really strange.

Ji Xia saw that Lin Xiu had quickly started to move his hands and she quickly swallowed her own question and laid back on the sofa and stared at the ceiling.

"Why didn't your fiancé come today?"

Time passed silently and slowly, Ji Xia could see that the progress on Lin Xiu's side were going quite smooth and he was rarely in a good mood to talk to her.

"In fact, he has been very busy all the time and he actually spared a little of his time to pick me up before."

When Ji Xia went to deliver the meal at noon today, she waited in the waiting room for half an hour before he dismissed the meeting and then even if the meeting was dismissed, he had only half an hour to rest and Ji Xia was so distressed.

"So."

Lin Xiu replied absentmindedly, Ji Xia was really bored lying down and couldn't move so she carefully glanced at Lin Xiu from the corner of her eyes: "Mr. Lin, you said before that you and my sister were college classmates, right?"

"Yeah, same year, different class." Lin Xiu said.

"Then how old was she when she met you?" Ji Xia asked.

"First year."

Ji Xia counted the time and suddenly sighed: "That's really been a long time..."

It's not that Ji Yu hadn't been in love before but it didn't last long and her uncle also said that she was such an unpredictable person that the one thing that she insisted on doing in her life was to paint.

"Do you also think that she likes me very much?"

Lin Xiu pursed his lips, his eyes were still focused on the white paper in front of him leaving smooth lines on it.

"Well..." Ji Xia really thought so, "It seems like sister Ji Yu, she really likes you, that's why she has been chasing you for so many years..."

"But I don't think so."

Lin Xiu paused as he spoke, he raised his eyes again to confirm Ji Xia's posture before continuing to paint.

"She just likes to conquer, she's only following me because I haven't shown interest in her, I don't think that's liking."

Ji Xia was stunned for a while, thinking that Lin Xiu's words seemed to make sense. She wanted to say something in support of Ji Yu and opened her mouth but couldn't find the right words.

After all, this was a matter between the two of them. After Ji Yu went to college, she never told Ji Xia anything about herself. Ji Xia even knew about Lin Xiu's existence only recently.

"That's right." Lin Xiu stopped his movements again but this time his eyes fell directly on Ji Xia and didn't look away: " You should be more careful these days."

The look in Ji Yu's eyes last time made Lin Xiu feel a little uncomfortable when he thought about it. He felt that Ji Yu would do something to Ji Xia but he couldn't imagine her next move.

Ji Xia was stunned for a moment: "What should I watch out for?"

"I don't know, just be careful."

Lin Xiu didn't know what Ji Yu was going to do or what she was thinking but he didn't want a girl like Ji Xia to get hurt.

By the time Lin Xiu had finished the draft, it was already evening. He put down his pen and looked at the sleepy girl on the sofa: "Let's end here for today, good job."

Ji Xia sat up and nodded sleepily : "Okay, you've worked hard too."

After she called Fu Hengzhi, she said goodbye to Lin Xiu and walked out of the villa with a small umbrella but she received a call from her aunt before she took two steps.

"Hello, auntie?"

"Well, Xia Xia, are you busy?" The woman's voice on the other end of the phone sounded more attentive than usual, "Did I disturb you?"

"No, what's the matter? ?" Ji Xia seldom heard her aunt being so gentle and she was a little flattered for a while: "Just say it directly."

"That is, Xia Xia..."

The woman seemed to be a little at a loss of how to begin and hesitated for a moment before saying:

"Your uncle and I both know that you were forced to go with Fu Hengzhi to save the Ji family's property and we had always felt that it was unfair to you. Now your sister is back and she is a lot more sensible now so we were thinking of letting you go back to your own life, it just so happens Hengzhi is a little too old for you or we can just forget about this marriage and let him get along with Xiaoyu, what do you think?"

The more she listened, the sadder she felt and in the end her aunt said it in a way that made it seem like it was for her own good. Ji Xia's footsteps paused and she had been standing still from the beginning. The sun was setting outside but the heat was unbearable and the ground had been scorched by the sun all day and Ji Xia got goosebumps all over.