Chapter 40

It was almost nine o'clock after Fu Hengzhi finished his work. When he was in the elevator, he called home as usual to ask if Ji Xia if had had a good dinner and heard from Butler Liu that he was waiting downstairs in the art building to pick her up.

"Why hasn't you come back till late today?"

It wasn't her elective class day either.

"She told me that she will participate in the activities of the art club and asked me to pick her up later. She said that she had already sent you a message on WeChat."

Fu Hengzhi opened his phone and glanced at it before seeing the WeChat message from Ji Xia when he was in the conference room in the afternoon. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose: "You can go back, I'll pick her up."

He had been busy all day today so he didn't even have time to read her WeChat. Fu Hengzhi felt a little guilty and now he couldn't wait to see her.

After hanging up the phone, Fu Hengzhi drove directly to the direction of the University. After arriving, he parked his car under the Art Building and went upstairs.

It was already past nine o'clock and less than two hours before the lights go out. There were not many rooms with lights in the art building. Fu Hengzhi followed the light source to find two classrooms and found the activity classroom of the sketch club.

The classroom was basically empty, with only rows of drawing boards left standing. Fu Hengzhi put his hand on the door and glanced in only to see a man in a loose cotton and linen smock bent over and talking to someone in the classroom.

The man's voice was very low that Fu Hengzhi could only hear a few words occasionally. He raised his hand and knocked on the door: "I'm sorry to disturb you, is there any other classroom for club activities here?"

Hearing the familiar voice, Ji Xia immediately came out from between the drawing boards like a small gopher and her pair of eyes were full of surprise: "Hengzhi, why are you here? Don't you have a meeting tonight?"

"It's over."

The two of them looked at him in unison and only when Fu Hengzhi met Lin Xiu's eyes did he realize that the man looked familiar.

Ji Xia noticed Fu Hengzhi's gaze and immediately took the initiative to introduce: "This is Teacher Lin Xiulin from the Fine Arts Department. We met at the seaside in Kamakura before."

"What a coincidence, nice to meet you." Fu Hengzhi stretched out his hand and shook Lin Xiu's hand: "I didn't expect you to be a university professor."

"Not really a professor, just a nominial teacher."Lin Xiu's voice was still cold;"I'll talk to Ji Xia briefly, it won't take long."

"Okay."

Fu Hengzhi glanced down at the time and Lin Xiu leaned down again to talk to Ji Xia, the distance that didn't seem unreasonable at first began to look a bit unpleasant due to the change of the protagonist, especially when Lin Xiu hold Ji Xia's hand occasionally and lead her to draw two strokes on the paper to feel the different lines brought by different brush strokes -

Fu Hengzhi felt that he was becoming more and more outrageous.

He didn't want to interfere with Ji Xia's normal social interaction but the point was that he didn't think it would be normal to anyone.

His Ji Xia was so cute and so innocent, and every move exuded a fatal attraction so it was impossible for a man to not be attracted to her.

Fu Hengzhi still remembered when they first started, he didn't seem to be too possessive towards Ji Xia, he just felt that there was a cute little pet at home and he could just touch her and hug her when he came back from work.

But before he knew it, he started to pay attention to the off-duty time and began to feel unhappy and anxious because of the endless meetings, just because he knew that when he went home, the pet was asleep and he could no longer wake her up and Fu Hengzhi felt that something was not quite right.

He had tried to adjust himself, such as deliberately adding some work to his schedule or trying to get away from the city temporarily, but the short-term restraint would quickly usher in a rebound making his desire to see her even stronger .

"I'll wait for you downstairs."

However, Fu Hengzhi thought about it and felt that he should restrain himself.

Just like Jiang Yao's obvious provocation, Lin Xiu's purpose was still unclear and if he couldn't handle it well, he might be pushing Ji Xia into someone else's arms.

He went downstairs to lit a cigarette. Halfway through the smoke, he saw Ji Xia coming out of the building and standing at the door with big eyes looking for his figure.

Fu Hengzhi reached his car and turned on the headlights and he saw the girl running up to him quickly with small steps, like a bug that was quickly attracted to the light.

"It's over so soon?"

He squeezed her thin face with one hand and the cigarette with the other and watched Ji Xia shook her head.

"I told Mr. Lin to talk about it next time."

"Why?" Fu Hengzhi laughed in the dark and the light white smoke drifted from his mouth: "Are you afraid that I'll wait too long?"

"Yeah."

Ji Xia nodded lightly and her amber pupils glowed like jewels in the darkness.

She spent the whole day daydreaming today and was caught and lectured several times by her teacher and she finally figured out one thing.

She seemed to be a little reluctant to divorce Fu Hengzhi.

But it was not up to her.

The day of the peaceful divorce would always come. Ji Xia thought about it and felt that it was useless to feel sad and upset so she decided to cherish every day that she could be by Fu Hengzhi's side from now on.

"It's almost nine o'clock."

Ji Xia reached out her hand and carefully held Fu Hengzhi's other hand hanging by her side and took another step towards him.

"Let's go home."