Chapter 45 - Regret

"Xia Xia, do you want to go for dinner?"

Since that day, Ji Yu had often been coming to the university. She said that she was visiting her but Ji Xia knew that she was visiting Lin Xiu.

Ji Yu and Lin Xiu were college classmates. Ji Yu also chased after Lin Xiu when he went abroad but unfortunately Lin Xiu didn't seem to respond very much and had no intention of getting closer to Ji Yu.

In the past few days, Ji Yu wanted to eat with Lin Xiu and couldn't find any excuse so she could only drag Ji Xia to invite her teacher to have dinner with her as a student.

"I will not be able to go today." As the final exam was nearing, Ji Xia spent most of her time in the dance room except for class. Ji Xia had just changed her dancing shoes when she came in.

Ji Yu blinked and suppressed the impatience in her heart and raised a smile: "Why?"

"Today... Hengzhi said that he will prepare a lunch box and come to school to eat with me."

Ji Xia actually felt embarrassed because she felt that she was using her identity as a student to bind Lin Xiu to do something he didn't want to do but she couldn't refuse Ji Yu's stubbornness. Yesterday, she mentioned it to Fu Hengzhi casually but she didn't expect that Fu Hengzhi actually proposed to come to school to accompany her for lunch to avoid the problem.

She knew that Fu Hengzhi was very busy and it was not easy to come here at noon but he just smiled and told her that it was okay and he would arrange a time.

No one could change what Fu Hengzhi had already decided so Ji Xia could only agree nervously.

"Fu Hengzhi? He's coming here to accompany you to lunch?" Ji Yu was a little surprised when she heard the words: "That's right, it would take an hour for him to drive over and then drive back so you will have a very luxurious meal."

" One hour of an ordinary person is at most an hour's wage but Fu Hengzhi's one hour can change the hourly wage of an unknown number of people."

Ji Xia lowered her head embarrassedly after being stared at by Ji Yu: "Well..."

"It seems that Fu Hengzhi really likes you." Ji Yu put her arms around her chest and looked at Ji Xia: " It just so happens that Lin Xiu and I have occasionally thought about just eating with the only two of us, you can go."

"Okay, thank you Sister Ji Yu."

Ji Xia thanked her and went downstairs obediently. Ji Yu originally wanted to invite Lin Xiu to eat together but she felt very upset and when she thought about Fu Hengzhi's outrageous love for Ji Xia, she was even more upset.

To put it bluntly, when her parents asked her if she wanted to marry Fu Hengzhi before, she refused and followed Lin Xiu out of the country before they took Ji Xia as a temporary substitute. .

If she had known that Fu Hengzhi would be like this, there would be nothing wrong with marrying him. At least a decent face would be better than chasing after a wooden back who only had painting in his heart.

The more Ji Yu thought about it, the worse she felt and she became a little more impatient when she saw Lin Xiu's expressionless face.

"Do you want to go to dinner together?"

Lin Xiu glanced behind her when he heard the words but didn't see the girl who was always being dragged over with an apologetic and helpless face: "Where's Ji Xia?"

"No, forget it."

When Ji Yu heard the word Ji Xia, she was even more angry and she turned her head and walked in the other direction. Lin Xiu was stunned for a while and then he went downstairs slowly with his hands in his pockets.

When Lin Xiu reached the ground floor, Ji Yu stood at the entrance of the art building and looked in a certain direction of the parking space, her eyes and expression made Lin Xiu shudder.

He followed Ji Yu's gaze and saw an expensive car in the parking space. The girl in the car was holding a lunch box and smiling innocently and sweetly at the man beside her.

It was Ji Xia and her fiancee.

Ji Yu didn't look at him but continued to look at the direction of the car and said to Lin Xiu.

"That was supposed to be my place."