Chapter 49 - Angry

Fu Hengzhi and Ji Xia had made an appointment to meet at the entrance of the villa at 6:30 pm on the phone. He arrived on time and stopped the car steadily at the gate at 6:29 pm but Ji Xia was nowhere to be seen.

This was also a fully enclosed villa area. Fu Hengzhi thought about how Ji Xia had never walked fast so while waiting patiently, he did not forget to check his schedule for tomorrow with his assistant.

Fifteen minutes had passed after he checked his schedule. The security guard at the door took the initiative to come out and asked him if he needed any help. Fu Hengzhi was thinking about which friend he had in this villa area to ask him to come forward to lift the access control when he saw Ji Xia coming out.

She walked slowly with her head lowered like a child who had done something wrong. Although there was no obvious movement to wipe her tears, Fu Hengzhi could still see that she was choking and she had just cried a lot.

Fu Hengzhi's complexion sank and he felt that something must have happened before he arrived so he opened the door and got out of the car to pick her up. The security guard on the side did not stop him and let Fu Hengzhi enter the gate of the villa area.

"Xia Xia, why are you crying?"

To be honest, Fu Hengzhi had never seen Ji Xia cry so sadly, especially after hearing his voice, her eyes turned heavy again and a few more water stains were immediately smashed on the ground.

"Hengzhi..."

Her voice was trembling and Fu Hengzhi's heart was stirred into a ball in almost a moment.

Ji Xia raised her head and looked at Fu Hengzhi and her red eyes filled with hot tears. A lot of things happened in the ten minutes before Fu Hengzhi came and when Ji Xia saw Fu Hengzhi, she didn't know where to start.

She opened her mouth but her mouth which had been bitten red closed again quickly looking at Fu Hengzhi with teary eyes.

"I don't want to break the engagement with you...nor do I want a divorce..."

She was not someone who was used to talking about her own needs. If she could say she doesn't want to then it meant that she was extremely desperate.

Fu Hengzhi was stunned for a moment and he didn't know where Ji Xia's inexplicable words came from: "Who said we were going to break off our engagement and who said that we will divorce?"

Ji Xia's tears fell even harder: "But... but my aunt said that sister Ji Yu would be more suitable for you, she can take care of you better than me and help you in your career... I can do nothing and I don't know how to socialize... I can't even dance... I can't even draw... what should I do, Hengzhi..."

The culprit had already surfaced and Fu Hengzhi's eyes suddenly sank fiercely: "What else did she say?"

The girl shook her head while wiping her tears: "I don't remember... I lost my temper with my aunt just now... and I spoke to her in a very loud voice and she must have been angry... but I was also very angry...so I don't remember what she said to me later..."

He guessed that she had never really gotten angry with that family once in her life and just raising her voice and talking to them had already made her feel a lot of guilt.

"So why is Xia Xia angry, huh? Is it because she said something that made you angry?"

Fu Hengzhi's eyes were already terrifyingly cold but his tone when talking to Ji Xia was still gentle and soft.

"Because...because she didn't even ask you...she just decided everything. I think she treats you as an object that she can use...it makes me so angry..."

Fu Hengzhi was stunned for a moment then immediately the frost in his eyes melted away in an instant. In fact, when he asked that question just now, he had thought of all kinds of answers that made her feel angry but he never thought that this would be the reason why Ji Xia lost her temper.

"So you're angry for me?" Fu Hengzhi saw Ji Xia crying so much that her chest was going up and down and he couldn't even get angry anymore, the corners of his mouth kept rising: "Silly Xiaxia.

" Later I thought maybe I'm at fault too... maybe my aunt had already asked you but she hadn't told me yet..."

She originally wanted to reflect on herself but as soon as she thought that Fu Hengzhi already knew or had approved to all of this and that the previous few months of getting along was nothing but a mirage, she felt so sad that she couldn't stop crying.

"Don't think about it."

Fu Hengzhi interrupted Ji Xia's wife's speculation and cupped her face and kissed the wet tears on her face.

"I have never heard of this and I will never agree to it and your uncle and aunt seem to have misunderstood me. I think it is necessary to have a proper talk with them."

Fu Hengzhi said this with Ji Xia's feelings in mind, he really felt that the couple was looking down on him now.

What kind of person did they think he was?