7 Old Cases

Scott, Stiles, and Jayden all sat in Scotts room as a door closed down stairs. "Just a minute." Scott told the pair, checking to see who it was.

"So you really got Scott to walk with you all the way to his house?" Stiles asked after the werewolf had left. "Yeah. I told you I don't like cars." Jayden told him as she played with a loose string on her brothers shirt.

"You said you were scared of cars. There's a difference." "I don't like them, I don't want to be around them, I would rather walk." She told him huffing that he wouldn't let go of the subject. "Hey, I'm not making fun, I'm just saying there is a difference. What about a bike?" Stiles asked as two people came through the door.

"Right at her head?" Scott asked Issac as he came through the door just seconds after Scott. "Almost right through it." Isaac said spotting the other person in the room. "And she keeps saying the same thing, that she keeps seeing her aunt. Whatever's happening to you guys is getting worse. If I hadn't been there then Lydia would be dead." Issac said, his eyes still on Jayden as he spoke to Scott.

"What were you doing there?" Scott asked. "Uh-" but he didn't get to finish his sentence as Scott threw him out of the room, quite literally, as Isaac hit the wall on the other side of the hallways. "Scott!" Jayden jumped up. "Don't worry he deserves it." Stiles said. "Nobody deserves that!" Jayden said looking at Stiles. "No, he does. Trust me."

"Oh, you guys! Come on! This house does not have a supernatural ability to heal! So-Stop it." Melissa yelled from down stairs as Jayden laughed as Stiles chuckled. "Yeah Scott, stop it." Stiles smirked as Jayden slapped his chest playfully.

"You know I like her already better than I do you, Stiles." Issac said standing up. "Talking about the girl in the room, who is she? And why is she so calm about me being thrown into the hallway?" "You weren't hurt." Stiles waved him off. "I could have been." "You'd heal. Your fine." Stiles scoffed.

"Issac, this is Jayden. Jayden, Isaac. He's a werewolf too." Scott told her. "Woah. Really? Were you bit by the same guy?" "Um, no. What happened to keeping this a secret?" Issac asked circling his face with his finger. "She found out." Scott said with a shrug.

"She just found out?" "I couldn't control it okay? I shifted in an empty class room, but Jayden thought something was wrong and came to check. Though I think she was more there for Stiles. Anyway she saw." Scott said as the two humans blushed, looking away from one another.

Clearing his throat, Stiles looked around catching the eyes of the two werewolves. "Well I told my dad I'd meet him at the station, so I've got to go. Jayden do you want to come with?" He asked and she looked at him, then the others. "Do I have to ride in your Jeep?" "I mean I could always strap you to the top." Stiles told her which made her laugh out load. "Can I walk?" She asked, as she truly didn't want to ride, if this morning was a given.

"I've gotta take the Jeep, and I don't trust those two to treat her right." Stiles said throwing his thumb back to the two wolves. "I'll walk her there." Scott said stepping up. "Why do you want to walk?" Isaac asked his curiosity getting the better of him. "She's afraid of cars." Stiles said before she had to explain herself. "But-" "Issac." Scott said shaking his head, as to not ask questions. "Okay. Uh, I'll just wait here I guess." Isaac said. "You can walk with us." Jayden said and Isaac smiled.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Stiles had gotten there first as expected, but the trio weren't far behind. Given that he did have to stop at the florist on his way over, it gave them some time.

As Stiles carried in the bouquet of flowers, Jayden walked in with him, the wolves racing back to Scott's house, seeing who was faster.

"Jayden?" Jordan asked as he looked up at the door chime not expecting to his his sister. "Hey, Jori." "Jori?" A deputy snicked from beside her and she shot him a dirty look. "Didn't you ever have nicknames growing up?" Jordan asked the fellow deputy and he just grinned. "Not like that." "Well when your little sister is seven years younger, Jordan doesn't exactly roll of the tongue." Jordan growled, protective of his sister, that he could see was hurt by the comment.

"It's just a joke Parrish, lighten up." The deputy grinned and Jayden glared at him, but before she could do anything, the Sheriff's door opened. "Denny, wanna come in here?" Stiles asked and Jayden pointed at herself. "No, I want Gordon Ramsey in here. Yes you Jayden." Stiles sarcastically quipped.

Jayden rushed into the room, as Jordan kept an eye on his sister, wondering what was going on between the two.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The Sheriff looked over his desk as he sorted through case files, to see Jayden come through the door. After Stiles had closed the door, the Sheriff smiled at her. "Jayden." "Sheriff." She nodded. "Stiles says you know about all this stuff. The supernatural stuff." The Sheriff said and she nodded. "He's still filling me in on some things but I've got the gist." She told him and he smiled warmly at her.

"You think this may keep you out of trouble?" He asked. "I think it will get me in more trouble." Jayden laughed lightly, and the Sheriff chuckled. "Of course it would. At least you didn't find a body." He said and her eyes grew wide. "Yet." Stiles said and they both looked over at him. "What? Beacon Hills population is dwindling every day." He said with a shrug of his shoulder. "Anyway, ignore him. I'm glad you know." Sheriff Stilinski said and she smiled. "Me too."

"What- whatcha doing down there?" Stiles asked his father who was surrounded by case files. Jayden walked beside Stiles, peering over the desk. "Working." "Working on what?" Jayden asked picking up a file, opening it up so read the description, "What is all this?" Stiles asked as he looked over the case in Jayden's  hand. "I've been looking over old cases from a more illuminated perspective. If you know what I mean." He said and Jayden smiled at the joke.

"Strange sighting of bi pedal lizard man sprinting across freeway." Stiles read aloud from Jayden's file. Slapping his hand on an ever growing stack of files, "kanima pile." The Sheriff said.

"Dad your not going back through all your old cases seeing if any of them had something to do with the supernatural, are you?" Stiles asked. "No Stiles, I'm sure he is just rearranging his files for fun. All two hundred boxes of them." Jayden snorted looking at the stacks of boxes that seemed to take up a good portion of the room.

"Cool it with the sarcasm there Denny. That's my thing. Don't steal my thing." Stiles glowered at her playfully as she smirked. "Anyway, I admit the recent opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me reassessing. There are at least one hundred cases here where I can look at the details and I can ask myself 'If I knew then, what I know now-"

"Right but are you sure you want to go down that path?" Stiles asked his dad, worried about him. "Does he have a choice Stiles? He's the Sheriff. I don't mean to sound rude, but he now has an advantage, a huge one, an alpha sized one." Jayden told him.

"There's one case I can't get out of my head. Eight years ago. I was elected Sheriff of County, my first official duty was to tell a man that not only had his wife and two kids died in a car accident, but as best as we could tell, the body of his nine year old daughter had been dragged from the wreck by coyotes." Noah told the two, but quickly noticed how Jayden had frozen.

"Jayden?" Noah asked. "Oh god." Stiles whispered as he put the pieces together. Tears subconsciously rolled down her cheeks. "Jayden?" Noah said softly. He had read what happened to the Parrish siblings parents when he was trying to figure out what was causing Jayden to act out. He didn't even think about his wording or to talk about the case at home.

Jayden ran out of the the office, desperately looking for her brother. "Jordan? Jordan!" She cried as she couldn't find him. "Jay! Hey it's okay. Shhh, it okay." Jordan came around a corner, wrapping his sister in a hug.

"Parrish, I'm sorry." Noah said stepping out of his office looking at the distraught girl. "What happened?" Jordan asked harshly, not caring that the man in front of him was his superior. "I was telling Stiles about an old case, and some disturbing information slipped out." Noah told his deputy. "It's okay, I'll handle it." Jordan said as he looked down at his sister. "I wanna go home." Jayden cried as she squeezed her brother tighter. "Okay, we'll go home."

A/N: This kinda hurt my heart to write but you know it had to be done.