16 Hysterical Mysteries

It was late in the evening, Stiles had been home for a few hours after his father had dropped him back off at the station from delivering Malia to her father, the Sheriff just getting home a few minutes prior when a loud knock was heard on the front door.

Stiles looked out his window to see the rain pouring down, night had fallen across Beacon Hills hours before hand, so his guard was up as he heard his father stepping towards the door.

Sheriff Stilinski heard the knock and had tried to think of anyone who was supposed to come over, or if Stiles had told him of anyone different coming by the house. He knew that Scott was one to knock then come in, or just walk in with his teenage son, so someone to knock on the door, late at night, in the pouring rain, it had him second guessing. Knowing now what lurked in the shadows of the town he was sworn to protect, he grabbed his pistol from the entry way drawers, readying it just incase.

Looking through the side glass, he quickly opened the door, putting away the weapon. "Jayden?" He asked, his eyes wide as he took in the distraught girl.

There stood the seventeen year old Parrish, soaked head to toe, yet her tears were still clearly visible on her face and in her eyes even as her hair clung to her face.

"Is Stiles home?" She asked quietly, a slight chatter to her teeth as the cool autumn air was chilling her to the bone. "Yeah, yeah, come in. Let's get you warmed up. Did you walk all the way here?" He asked and she nodded.

"Does your brother know your here?" "No." "Okay. His room is down that hall, first door on your left. I'll call your brother." Sheriff said as he guided Jayden towards his sons room, knocking before he opened the door.

"Dad, who was at the door?" Stiles asked as the Sheriff moved out of the way to reveal Jayden. "Denny? What happened?" "She walked here." Noah told his son and Stiles looked between the two. "Why?"

"That's for you two to discuss. She came for you, son. Make sure she warms up, a shower even, and the door stays open." "You don't think I would do-" "Stiles, I don't want to think of what you do." Noah chuckled as he looked down to Jayden. "If either of you need me, I'll be around. Just yell." He said as she nodded, walking back down the hall, pulling out his phone, dialing his deputy.

"Denny, what are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here, your always welcome. It's just that it's like eleven at night." Stiles stuttered. "I need to talk to someone." She whispered still standing close to the door as she fiddled with the sleeve of her soaked jacket.

"Oh-okay. Yeah. We can talk, but let's get you out of your wet clothes. You can borrow some of mine. They'll be big, but they'll work. My smallest shirts are Spider-Man or Deadpool, but I'm sure I have some-" "Stiles, it doesn't matter. As long as it's wearable." She smiled slightly, but it slid right back off.

Digging in his drawers he found a pair of sweats that had drawstrings, enough so that she could wear them. "Here you go. Uh, the bathroom is just down the hall to the right." Stiles said as he smiled at her.

As she left to change, Stiles's mind went crazy. Why was she here? What happened? Did her brother do something? Is it her PTSD? Memories? What if-

Jayden came back into his room, his cloths almost hanging off of her, but Stiles couldn't help but have a warm feeling consume him seeing her in his clothes.

"Thanks." She said. "You're welcome. Looks comfortable." He said awkwardly, sending her a smile as she cracked a small one.

He sat on his bed, patting next to him as she sat on the side. "What did you want to talk about?" Stiles asked. "I know I'm supposed to be helping you, but I think I'm going crazy." Jayden whispered as she looked at Stiles, her eyes filling with tears once again.