13 Pin the Tail on the Werecoyote

Jayden helped Stiles up, him leaning on her heavily as he was physically and mentally exhausted. "Maybe you should take the rest of the day off Stiles." Jayden told him, genuinely worried for his health.

"My dad would kill me if I skipped anymore class." "I think he would understand. For once it's not supernaturally related. Your tired Stiles, just let your mind relax. Your too pent up." "Wait do you hear that?" Stiles asked her as glass broke a few doors down.

It was then they both noticed Scott was no where to be found. "Scott!" Stiles panicked, but Jayden calmed him. "He's fine, I'm sure it's nothing." "In this high school? Really?" Stiles laughed. "Okay, fine. You've got a point."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Sheriff?" "Dad?" The two spoke at the same time, spotting the man who was directing the animal control teams. "A couple of students said they saw it running across the field and back into the woods. Thank god no body got hurt." "Your telling me a coyote is a girl that's been missing for years?" Jayden said. "Yes Jayden, keep up. What happens if she does hurt somebody?"

The sheriff sighed, "Most likely they'll have to put it down." "Put her down. Dad, try not to forget there's a girl in there. One that you'll be killing." "Stiles, he won't have a choice." "Who's side are you on Denny?" "I'm not on a side, Stiles. It's the facts. If she kills anyone she gets killed like any dog would." "Like Scott would?" Stiles asked, an anger in his voice directed at her. He thought she understood. "Maybe. But it hasn't come to that has it?" She said walking off.

The two Stilinski's watched to young Parrish walk away and Stiles realized that what Scott said earlier may have be slightly true. "Dad, I think somethings wrong with Jayden." "Yeah me too son."

"You aren't back to not believing, are you?" Stiles asked his father, and he just sighed. "You know what? I believe there are a lot of things I don't understand yet, but that doesn't mean that everything and anything is suddenly possible. Now are you 100% sure that this is a girl and not an animal?" "Yes. Because Scott's sure." Stiles answered.

Scott had been listening from the end of the hallway to their conversation, also hearing what Jayden had said, he felt his heart get the slightest bit heavy, but he also understood. Looking to his friend as Stiles finished talking, their eyes connected at Stiles looked to him.

The Stilinski boy turned away as he spoke. "Scott, you been listening?" He asked as Scott in the distance nodded. "Alright, let's get this figured out. Come on. We can talk about Jayden later." The Sheriff said.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Xylazine. It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote expect it to work with in seconds. I only have three so whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot." Deaton warned and Scott nodded. "Allison's a perfect shot." Scott said.

"She used to be." Isaac chimmed in. "She can do it." "If we do manage to find the thing-" "Okay, what is the point of him? Seriously, I mean what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out."

"He's got a point." Jayden said walking in the front door and through the already open front gate. "It's California and I'm cooking. Besides, playing pin the tail on the werecoyote isn't as fun when you have heat exhaustion." She smirked. "Jayden." Scott said warningly and she smiled. "Scotty." "What are you doing here?" "You really think I'm gonna let Stiles get himself killed with your little rescue plan? If he's going, so am I." She said then glanced at the new face.