9 Nightime Terrors

Jayden tossed and turned in her bed, her unrestful sleep not surprising to her, but what was, was when she opened her eyes she saw her pink room. Not the sage green one of Jordan's apartment, but the one of her childhood home.

Jayden froze in her spot as her hands felt her satin princess comforter, and her eyes glued to the track and field metals that lined her wall by her door. How the pictures of her teenage and childhood friends lined her large cork board, how the movie ticket stubs for Sherlock Holmes were till taped to her mirror after her and Jordan had watched it in the movie theater in 2009. In the distance she could hear chattering. Multiple voices. Her moms book club. But then it got quiet, too quiet.

Her closet door popped open but just a crack.

"Maggie?" Jayden called quietly remembering how their dog loved to sneak into their closets.

Nothing.

A bright light started to shine from the inside, until it got bright enough she had to see what it was.  As she stood up a voice spoke softly. "Jayden." "Mom?" She asked as she stepped towards the door. "Jayden." The voice spoke again though a little darker, much like her fathers. "Dad?" She said taking another few steps. "Denny?" The voice said. And she stopped momentarily, "Stiles?" "Jayden." The voice growled, turning dark and menacing as she threw the door open to realize what the light was coming from.

Gasping awake she screamed. "DAD LOOK OUT!" As the wreck happened all over again, the drunk driver hitting them, his lights blinding Jayden, but as the car exploded so did she but out of her actual sleep, screaming at the top of her lungs as she tried to cling to anything she could.

Jordan ran into the room, trying to help his sister but she seemed to fight him. "It's okay Jay. Hey, you're okay. You're okay." He shushed her as she cried.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Walking into the station, Jordan yawned, the Sheriff caught the action.

The older Parrish was always a morning person, happy to take early morning shifts, unlike many of the other deputies, including the sheriff himself. To see him yawn was different, and with his new found knowledge, the Sheriff noticed different.

"Parrish, can I see you in my office?" Sheriff Stilinski asked the young deputy and he nodded dragging himself to his superiors office.

Closing the door, Jordan looked to the Sheriff. "Jordan, you okay?" Noah asked. "Yes, sir. Jayden, she uh, she had a nightmare last night. Shook both of us up pretty good." Jordan told his supervisor. "What kind of nightmare?" Noah asked.

"It was about our old house, then about the wreck. Pretty normal, unfortunately. It was just that she was so scared was the unusual part." Jordan told him. "Oh, well I hope she get some better sleep. Stiles used to have nightmares too. Having some here recently actually. I can have him talk to her." Noah suggested. "Sure, I'm sure she'd like that." Jordan said with a tight lipped smile, going to turn towards the door, then turned back. "Sir, have you noticed they seem to be a little close? Jay and Stiles?" Jordan asked.

Noah smiled lightly. "Parrish, you guys have been through a lot, and unfortunately Stiles has too. Maybe they connected with that. I wouldn't worry about it." Noah told his deputy and Jordan nodded. "Yeah your right." He said headed back toward back towards his desk.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Sheriff Stilinski finished at Mr Tate's house, meeting the boys back back at the vehicle. "I'm sorry." Scott told the Sheriff, "I tried as hard as I could. If it wasn't so long ago, I might have been able to do it."