Fear of Falling

KARINA'S POV

We both stared at eachother for a long while before actually speaking.

"W-what are you d-doing here?" I didn't know if I was stuttering from being nervous or if it was just the snow.

"I uh... I don't know..." He replied confused. "I just found myself walking to your house."

We took eachother in during our moment of silence. He looked so much more different in person than on T.V.

"How've you been?" he asked suddenly. I swear it's like we're old friends catching up or something. I don't even want to to be his friend...or do I?

"I'm fine and you?" I tried to look everywhere but at him. I wasa afraid that If I did look at him, it'll be the end of my tough façade and I will be all over him again.

"Peachy." he replied raher slowly. "So what have you been up to?"

"I was just going last minute baby shopping...I probably should get on with that." I manuvered my way around him and off the porch.

"I'll help, if you want?" he asked. I gave a slight nod and motioned to the car.

"I'll just stay here then. You two get your quality time." Ary said from inside the house, taking her coat off and shutting the door.

"I'll drive." Louis suggested. I nodded and handed him my keys.

The whole car ride was full of awkwardness. Neither one of us spoke, not knowing what to say or how to confront eachother. I felt myself staring at him through the corner of my eye every now and agan. Louis. My Louis. He was finally back.

LOUIS' POV

I'm freaking out. We actually talked even if it was small talk, it was something. Something after five months. I had to bite my lip from the idiotic grin that wasa about to form on my lips. I felt awkward sitting there in silence, but then again, what could I say? I'm the one who screwed up, I'm the one who made a mess out of our relationship, and I need to fix it. I never really fixed it the first time around because she closed the door in my face. I wish I had never left though, I could've fixed everything then.

'Did I ever say I was sorry for what happened?" I asked, breaking the silence. To my surprise she turned to look at me. I could tell she was trying to hide any emotion she was feeling.

'You talked about it and your promises, but you never really said you were sorry." She bit her lip. I think she was on the vere of tears. I would've been too, but what would crying do for the both of us.

'I really am sorry, Love." I sighed. "I never meant for any of this to happen. I really didn't. "

She turned to look out the window. "It's ok Louis." I had a feeling she didn't mean it, and even though it hurt, I was ok with that. Anything is better than her yelling at me. I hated to hear pain in her voice. But what I really wanted to tell her was how I still loved her. I had a feeling Ary already told her that I always ask and talk about her. I'd rather not push it though. I placed my free hand that wasn't on the steering wheel onto hers. She flinched a bit but didn't move them. I turned my head a little and gave her a little smile. She sat there with a emotionles expression.

"Smile for me Love? Please. I love your smile, I just want to see you be happy, even if it's not because of me." I pleaded. I just needed to see her smile. That's what would brighten up my day when were together. Just one look at her smile and my day would instatnly be made.

"I'm scared that if I let myself be happy for even one moment, that the world's going to come crashing down." She was barely audible. I seriously felt like breaking. I did this to her. I did everything to her.She was no longer happy and even if she was when she was laughing with Ary minutes before, it wasn't real.