Double The News

NIALL'S POV

"Niall." I felt my face being poked. "Niall." With every time my name was said, my face was touched. "Niall. Niall. Niall."

"ARRHH WHAT?" I yelled, opening my eyes. Just as I opened them, I fell off the bed. "How did you get in here?" I asked, looking up towards Karina. "I thought you returned your key to the flat when you moved out?"

"Liam let me in." She shrugged, sitting on my bed.

"Of course he did. Anyways, what are you doing here," I glanced at the clock. Seven A.M. , "at seven fucking o'clock in the morning?!"

"I need you to come with me to the doctors." She said simply.

"Why me?" I asked, getting up from the floor. "Why not take Louis?"

"I want the gender reveal to be a surprise." She chirped.

"Well what about Ary?" I rummaged through my drawers to find a shirt.

"I'll probably end up jabbing her with a needle. No joke, this one time I took her with me to the doctors and she would not shut up. So, please come with me?" She gave me a puppy dog face. Why the puppy face? I can never resist a puppy face. On anyone. Whatsoever.

"Ugh. Fine." I finally picked out a t-shirt.

"You know it's November right?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'll bring a sweater." I said matter-of-factly. I grabbed a sweater off the closet door handle and put it on. "Let's go."

"We can't just barge out."

"Why not?" I asked.

"The whole reason of not taking anyone else, is so they won't know."

"Yeah, but who's awake at seven in the morning?" I asked.

"Liam is." She stated.

"But Liam already knows you're here."

"Point taken. Lets go." With that we walked out of my room. "No one is to know about this Liam."

"Gotcha." He nodded.

KARINAS POV

"So Karina, we're going to have to do ultrasound. " The doctor informed me. (For the record I don't know how ultrasound works or what other types of tests. I looked it up and I'm not good with all the sciencey words and whatnot so bear with me :) )

"Ultrasound." Niall laughed. "Sounds sort of mystical if you think about it."

The doctor gave him a 'What the fuck' look, while I giggled a bit.

"So shall we begin?" He asked, motioning me to lay on the hospital bed. I nodded.

The doctor started up the machine and went on about the high-frequency sound pulses, using your body as a probe. I sort of blanked out, if I knew what was good for me, I should have listened.

NIALL'S POV

My phone buzzes in my pocket and the doctor gave me a stern look. I'm guessing phones weren't aloud when the ultrasound was up and running? I excused myself ad waited outside, checking my message box.

From: Liam

Where are you?!

I swear we went over this before we left, or maybe I'm just having amnesia.

To: Liam

At the hospital remember? We went over this earlier.

From: Liam