His Promise

KARINA'S POV

The other four boys had came about ten minutes ago and they were quietly watching over a sleepy Bella. It was then I noticed a pretty blonde with a reddish pink tint in her hair. I assumed she was Perrie.

"Congratulations." She said walking towards me. She pulled up a chair and sat bedside. "I'm Perrie by the way."

"Thanks, and I know. I'm a fan." She smiled. "I'm really glad that Zayn has found someone like you." I stole a glance at him, quietly laughing with the others, a smile never leaving his face. "He's a lot happier now."

"I'm glad I have him. We make each other happy." She smiled. I was glad that he wa shappy and no longer moping around over me. He needed happiness in his life. Perrie seemed to be giving him just that. "Enough about us, what's going on with you and Louis?"

I looked down and twindled my thumbs. "Nothing at the moment."

She gave me an understanding look. "He's been a wreck without you."

"So I've heard. I try so hard to forgive him, I really do, but every time I look at him I see him and that girl." I wiped a tear that rolled down my cheek. "It's so hard. Everyone's just telling me to forgive and forget, but they don't understand how hard it is. Especially when you loved that someone with every fiber in your body."

"I truly am sorry. And only time will tell. You'll come back to each other eventually." She took my hand in hers and squeezed. "But when I say he's been a wreck, I don't mean just heart broken. I overheard a conversation the boys were having about him." She whispered. She turned very serious this time.

"Oh?" I looked at her intently.

"Louis has been going through depression. He's constantly angry, he doesn't want to hang around the boys anymore, on occasion he breaks things, he barely eats, he drinks a lot more. He talks in his sleep, sometimes he doesn't sleep at all, and he's always feeling guilty, and right now they all fear he's not a good person to be around."

''Oh my God." All this time I felt that I was doing horrible when we broke up, but I wasn't feeling half as he was. He had to live with feeling guilty of cheating on me, he had to live with me 'hating' him, and he had to live with the fact that I told him I don't love him anymore. I felt a pang in my chest. "I need to speak with him."

''I'll get the boys to go downstairs so you two can talk." She arose out of her chair. The boys slowly started exiting the room, going down to the cafeteria. My dad and Ary took the hint as well. I watched as the room door slowly closed.

"And then there were three." Louis gave me a half smile from across the room. "Just as it should be; You, me, and Bella." I motioned for him to come closer. And he did just that, only he took the liberty of getting into the hospital bed with me. You could just feel the awkwardness in the air. "Look at her." His gaze was on our daughter, whose tiny hands were balled up into little fists at her side. The little hair at the top of her head was a really dark brown color. Almost black, but not quite. Her skin color was a really light carmel color. If only I could see her eyes. I hoped that she had gotten Louis' blue eyes rather than my green. I always adored his eyes.

"She's beautiful." I smiled.

"Just like her mother." His gaze was now on me. I tensed up a bit, the closer he got. He looked down at my arms that lay by my side. He slid his arms down too, taking my hand in his interlocking our fingers. I tensed up again and turned to look the other way. I knew he was frowning at my actions.

"I heard that you've been acting out lately." I said quietly.

"Acting out?" he chuckled. "Quite the opposite."