Chapter 6

Sorry for grammatical mistakes

The atmosphere in the elegant dining room was thick with tension as the clock ticked away the seconds, marking the arrival of an important dinner for both the Kim and Jeon families. The prospect of joining their lives through the upcoming marriage hung heavy in the air. Seated around the long mahogany table were Mr. Kim, Jimin, and Taehyung from one side, and Yoongi, Jungkook, and grandma from the other.

Grandma's warm smile seemed to be the only source of comfort in the room. She had orchestrated this dinner with the intention of bringing the families together, even though it was met with mixed emotions from everyone involved.

Jimin's heart raced as he glanced at the unfamiliar faces across the table. His hands fiddled with the edge of the linen napkin in his lap, a clear sign of his nervousness. Beside him, Taehyung's expression was stony, his annoyance simmering just beneath the surface. The whirlwind engagement orchestrated by Jungkook had caught Taehyung off guard, and he hadn't been given a chance to express his own feelings on the matter.

On the opposite side of the table, Yoongi looked decidedly disinterested. His gaze wandered around the opulent room, clearly uninterested in the proceedings. Jungkook, however, was visibly uncomfortable, his fingers nervously tracing the rim of his wine glass. He hadn't meant to hurt Taehyung with his sudden proposal; he just hadn't known how else to handle the situation when he discovered Taehyung's pregnancy.

Grandma sensed the tension and decided to break the ice. "My, what a beautiful evening we have for this gathering," she began, her voice carrying a cheerful tone that seemed to put everyone at ease, if only slightly. "I want to take this opportunity to officially welcome you, Jimin and Taehyung into our family."

"Thank you Taehyung for bringing the little one into our family," Grandma said.

Taehyung smiled awkwardly on that

Jimin nodded, offering a small smile. "Thank you, Grandma said, sensing Taehyung wasn't going to say anything.

Taehyung's gaze softened as he looked at Jimin, a flicker of guilt passing through his eyes. He hadn't meant for any of this to cause so much tension between them. He simply wished he had been consulted before the proposal was made.

Conversation shifted to more neutral topics as the dinner progressed. The dishes were exquisite, a testament to the culinary prowess of the Kim household's chefs. However, despite the delicious food, the unease still lingered beneath the surface.

Jimin's heart raced in his chest as he picked at his food, his mind a swirling storm of nervousness. Tonight was a significant evening, a time for the families to formally meet and celebrate their children's engagement. Jimin glanced at his family seated around him, and then across the table to where Yoongi sat, silent and seemingly lost in his thoughts.

Yoongi, dressed in a finely tailored suit, looked effortlessly handsome as always. His dark hair fell just slightly over his forehead, framing his pale face and intense eyes.

Throughout the evening, Yoongi had remained quiet, only nodding his head when spoken to. Jimin could see his future husband's apparent discomfort, and he wanted more than anything to ease Yoongi's nerves. Even though Jimin had been an expert at attending events in short notice, this was something else, it was not any work related meeting, this was his first time meeting his soon to be finance and his own anxiety held him back, causing his tongue to tie itself in knots whenever he considered speaking to him.

As the conversations around the table flowed, Jimin found his eyes drawn to Yoongi again and again. Their gazes would sometimes meet, causing a spark of connection to flash between them. It was as though, despite the noise and chatter around them, there was a silent understanding that passed between their locked eyes. Jimin's heart would skip a beat every time, and he would quickly look away, blushing at his own boldness.