Chapter 22

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes

Taehyung squinted his eyes against the harsh light that penetrated the room, the morning sun unrelenting in its intrusion. Instinctively, he brought his hands up to shield his eyes, trying to block out the brightness.

As his vision adjusted, he caught a blurry glimpse of broad, tattooed shoulders—an enticing sight that made him want to linger in the moment. He tried to open his eyes wider, eager to take in the full view, but the curtain was swiftly drawn closed, cutting off the sunlight and the captivating image.

With the sun's glare gone, his eyes focused on Jungkook, who was now draped in a robe, his earlier state of undress concealed. Jungkook's face, framed by concern, came into clear view as he mumbled something apologetically.

"I'm sorry, Tae," Jungkook said, his voice tinged with guilt. He had opened the window to let in some fresh air, but upon realizing the disturbance it caused Taehyung, he had promptly closed the curtains. Over the past few months, Jungkook had learned that an interrupted sleep could make Taehyung very cranky, and he was keen to avoid that.

As Taehyung's vision cleared, he sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes with his small hands, his hair tousled in all directions. He wore a cute pout, making him look even more adorable in Jungkook's eyes.

"Cute," Jungkook thought, a smile tugging at his lips.

"I'm really sorry, I totally forgot," Jungkook repeated, slipping into a hoodie to ward off the morning chill.

Taehyung nodded, his expression softening. "It's okay," he replied, his voice still heavy with sleep. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, making his way toward the bathroom. His hands instinctively rested on his four-and-a-half-month baby bump, a protective gesture that had become second nature to him.

Jimin opened his eyes, the remnants of sleep still clinging to his consciousness. He should have slept longer, considering how late they had stayed up after the ritual, but a sense of duty pulled at him.

He needed to get up and see what preparations were needed for the day. Yet, all his thoughts came to a halt when he turned his head and noticed the sight beside him.

Yoongi was lying next to him, fast asleep. This was the first time Jimin had seen his fiancé in such a state of repose. Normally, Yoongi was buried in work, his office desk cluttered with documents and his face a picture of concentration. But now, in the quiet dawn, he looked peaceful and serene. Jimin found himself captivated by Yoongi's beauty, unable to look away.

The morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow on Yoongi's features. His lashes rested gently against his cheeks, and his breathing was steady and calm.

As if sensing Jimin's gaze, Yoongi stirred and opened his eyes slowly. Catching Jimin in the act, a sleepy smile played on his lips.

"Staring is not good, darling," Yoongi murmured, his voice husky with sleep. He turned over, settling back into his pillow.

Jimin's cheeks flushed a deep crimson. Had Yoongi really meant that, or was he still half-asleep? The thought of being caught in such an intimate moment made Jimin's heart race. Hastily, he scrambled out of bed, hoping to escape before Yoongi fully awakened and saw his embarrassment.

—----------------------------

"Also, can you make sure the agreements we discussed last week are rechecked before we get back?" he instructed, his voice calm yet authoritative.

Just as he put his phone away, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he was greeted by a familiar face, her smile bright and warm.

"How are you, oppa?" she asked softly, her voice filled with genuine concern.