Chapter 2: Training Begins

2 years later....

We see Bruce, now ten, practicing karate in the main living room area of the manor while wearing some white gi. He held a steely look unbefitting of a boy his age.

He kept punching and kicking the air, his strikes getting faster and faster with each strike until he heard...

"Master Bruce! Lunchtime!"

Bruce sighed as his fist hung in the air. He seemed to relax visibly as he made his way to the dining room.

Alfred had made a plate of smoked sausage and carrots for Bruce's lunch

They both sat down and ate their meal in relative silence.

Halfway through it, Alfred said, "you've been growing quite skilled with your martial arts. A boy of ten studying karate, kung fu, muay thai, and too many others to count."

Bruce said, "it pays to be prepared for anything."

Alfred said, "wise words, Master Bruce.... But you're only ten. Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself? Playing in the backyard? Watching cartoons?"

Bruce replied, ".... you know why I do this Alfred."

Alfred sighed and said, "I know. But I'm sure they would want you to enjoy yourself. Leslie thinks so as well. Remember your sessions with her."

Bruce finished his meal and stood up from the table.

He said, "I'll enjoy myself when there's time to...."

Bruce walked off, leaving Alfred sitting there with a worried expression.

....

8 years later....

Bruce, now 18, was currently dressed in a black suit, with a brown coat on it. He was much taller. He now sported a five o'clock shadow and some bags under his eyes. Trouble sleeping most likely.

He had an item in his hands that he kept turning over.

It was a small handgun.

Bruce had a look of disdain on his face as he pocketed the weapon.

He heard a knock at his door.

He turned to see Alfred open the door, his hair now all gray as he wore a black suit and bowtie.

He said, "Master Bruce? The car's ready to take us to the courthouse."

Bruce said, "thank you, Alfred."

Bruce silently followed Alfred, eager to get this over with.

Why were they going to the courthouse?

Well....

....

"Does the defendant have anything to say?"

Bruce had a firm glare on his face.

The defendant in question was Joe Chill, the man who had taken his parents away from him in cold blood when he was only a child.

He was looking at a chance for parole after revealing information about numerous people in contact with Carmine Falcone, one of the biggest crime bosses in Gotham.

Chill looked a lot more clean shaven then he did the night he killed Thomas and Martha Wayne.

He said, "your honor.... Not a day goes by where I don't regret my actions. Sure, I was desperate for cash.... But that doesn't excuse what I did.... I killed an innocent man and woman.... Tore a child away from his parents.... I'll have to live with that, regardless if I get parole or not...."