Chapter 20: You, Me, Or the Clown....

Batman enters the panopticon and sees Joker with the warden as his hostage.
Joker does the whole Julius Caesar bit where he holds his thumb up and turns it down with an evil grin.

Batman said, "let him go."

Joker said, "I.... I understand you. You had a chance to let me die and you didn't take it. I bet right now you're wishing you had. I've killed.... A LOT of people, I've brought the city to its knees crippled the police force and it's not even time to unwrap our presents!"

The crowd cheerfully agrees.

Joker yelled, "zip it!"

Bane enters, his coat discarded as he cracks his knuckles.

Bane said, "let's do this."

Joker said, "okay. Okay. So. What our friend Bane holds in his hand is; a heart monitor. Once he clamps it on, every beat of his vacant little heart will charge the battery on this electric chair. And when it's fully charged...."
Joker sat in the chair with the dome over his head and acted like he was being electrocuted.

Joker said, "BZZZZZ!!!! So either you kill Bane.... Haha!"

Batman said, "no. I won't kill him."

Bane said, "but you will. You Will fight me With all your resolve. Or you will die. Someone is going to die: you, me or the clown. The question of which one of us it is.... Is in your hands...."
Bane jumps down and races at Batman! But Batman has learned from his short fight with the large man! He swiftly dodges the blows before tossing a glue grenade at bane, incapacitating him for but a few seconds before he tore the glue apart!

Bane said, "a compassionate man would be home mourning the loss of his servant and life-long companion right now. Yet you're here. There is nowhere safe."

Joker said, "on and- just in case either of you were thinking of gettin' smart, try to remove the heart monitor, and.... BOOM! More minced meat on the walls than a house made of hamburger. How's that for a helpful hint, Bats?"
Batman continues to try and take down Bane, but the large man soon pins him to the ground, relishing the moment of victory!

Suddenly Captain Gordon enters the panopticon, seeing a thug holding the warden near Joker.

Gordon said, "don't move."

The criminal said, "maybe you shouldn't move."

Gordon, with no hesitation, shoots them in the shoulder. The thug falls to the ground as Joseph backpedals and grabs a nearby machine gun. Gordon sees the electric chair.
He said, "dear God."

Warden said, "careful, Jim. When that chair goes off, that's two thousand volts, you won't make it."

Gordon said, "you don't need to-"

The Joker suddenly frees himself from the straps and grabs Gordon.

Joker said, "ohohoho, Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim Have a seat, Jimbo. We'll fry together, like two little potato latkes!"
Joker puts the dome on Gordon's head!

Meanwhile, Batman, pressed to the floor by Bane, recalls the paramedics from prison and Electrocutioner again.

"CLEAR!"

"250. Charging!"

"I got a pulse!"

"I'm-a kill you. Then, I'm-a jump-start your heart - and kill you again!"

Bane growled, "may you find the peace in death that you did not find in life."

Batman said, "I'm not looking for peace."
Batman grabs onto Bane's arm and shocks him all to Hell!
Bane let's go and staggers back as Batman stands up and charges up his gloves.