Chapter 27: Love and Madness

It had been only a few months shy of a year later, in the beginning of March.
Arkham Asylum had been officially opened up to the public by then, housing the more strange and unusual criminals as well as the mentally ill.

Bruce had voiced his support for the asylum's success, given his own history of therapy he'd had with Leslie Tompkins, his mother being successfully cured of insanity when she was a child, and the fact that one of his most prized employees was a patient there for a few months.

Ivy had indeed gone through her therapy sessions. She had done so with two doctors. First was Dr. Harleen Quinzel, who had been specially requested before being asked to officially join the staff at Arkham.

Next was Dr. Shane Mavericks. A kind man who had worked to help Ivy with all her trauma. Shane treated Ivy like a person. Not a sex object.

After being cleared from the place, Ivy had been given a place to stay at an apartment funded by Wayne Enterprises as she began working as head of Botanical Research there. She was happier than she'd ever been before.

Another major development was the GCPD. Ever since Jim Gordon was put in charge, the police department had cleaned up its act. Less dirty cops controlling the streets. They now deserved Gotham's respect.

And now…. Jim had begun to trust Batman and his allies. 

They had begun to shine a spotlight above the police station if he ever needed to discuss something with them.

It seems Gotham was indeed on the right track….

….

Bruce smiled as he approached the Botanical Research labs, holding a pot of fresh flowers.

Bruce saw it as a housewarming gift for his newest employee. Bruce had already bought her lunch to welcome her to the company.

Bruce knocked on the door.

After a few moments, he heard Ivy's naturally sultry voice say, "come in."

Bruce opened the door and saw Ivy.

She was wearing a white lab coat over a black tube top and hip hugging dark green skinny jeans and green heeled boots. Her long red hair was tied into a ponytail. She wore black glasses that seemed to only add to her sex appeal.

 She wore black glasses that seemed to only add to her sex appeal

She had grown more comfortable with her body.

She smiled and said, "hello, Bruce. To what do I owe this visit?"

Bruce had hidden his flowers behind his back and said, "just here to check on the newest addition to the company", he pulled out the flowers, "these are for you."

Ivy took the flowers and said, "Bruce. These are so lovely. Thank you!"

Bruce smiled and said, "I'd hoped you'd like them."

Ivy set them on her table and said, "I'm guessing this isn't just a social visit?"

Bruce chuckled and said, "nothing seems to get by you…. I was wondering how your work was going?"