Chapter 25: Warm, Warm Heart

It was several days later….

The events involving Goth Corp, Victor Fries, Ferris Boyle, and the three heroes were all over the news.

Ferris was going to be doing time in Blackgate prison for his various crimes. A new CEO would be chosen in a matter of days.

Various witnesses, be it cops, civilians, Goth Corp employees, Blackgate guards, and even criminals, had given their vocal praise or disdain for Batman and Catwoman. 

One bit of good news was that the cowardly mayor Hill had resigned, and thus, the next GCPD commissioner was most likely going to be Captain Gordon. Many were in support of Gordon, given his clean record and standards when it came to keeping the peace. 

Gotham seemed to have a lot more hope, especially as Mr. Quincy Sharp continued to push for the reopening of Arkham Asylum. Many of Gotham's citizens were in support of this, deeming it a fitting place to incarcerate and/or rehabilitate the various super criminals that had arrived in town. 

Ie: Joker, Croc, Bane, etc….

Meanwhile, Bruce and his company once again stepped in to clean up the mess left behind.

Speaking of Bruce….

….

We see Bruce currently going down a hallway at Blackgate prison. 

Two security guards were escorting him.

To where?

Well, they stopped at a metal door that was covered in frost. That made it painfully obvious whom Bruce was visiting.

One of the guards said, "we'll be right outside, Mr. Wayne."

Bruce nodded as he entered the room.

Behind a glass wall that has a thin layer of frost covering the edges was Victor.

The room behind the glass was kept at extremely cold temperatures so Victor could survive.

Victor was in a white shirt and pants, sitting on a bed whose sheets looked brittle.

Bruce nodded and said, "hello Victor. You know who I am?"

Victor glumly said, "Mr. Wayne…. I recall that I crashed your party on New Year's…."

Bruce chuckled and said, "water under the bridge. Now….", Bruce sat in a chair provided for him, "I'm here to talk…. Business."

Victor asked, "what sort of business?"

Bruce replied, "I've done thorough research on the situation involving you, Boyle and your wife."

Victor glared at Bruce and said, "choose your next words carefully, Mr. Wayne."

Bruce said, "I meant no offense, Victor…. I'm terribly sorry about what Ferris did to you and your wife…. If I had known, I would have gotten him arrested long ago…."

Victor glanced at Bruce as he held a small ice carving of Nora he had sculpted.

Bruce said, "Victor, I want to help you…."

Victor asked, "help me?"

Bruce nodded and said, "I'm here to offer a beneficial deal. I'm prepared to pay your bail and offer you a job at my company."

Victor looked at Bruce in shock.

Victor asked, "what's the catch?"

Bruce said, "there is no catch. I'm prepared to give you whatever resources you need to find a cure for your wife's disease. Maybe even a cure for your own affliction. In return, you work for Wayne Enterprises, researching cryogenics technology. That technology of yours could help build better refrigeration systems, be able to preserve food better, etc."