Chapter 14: Copperhead

As Batman continued through another room, this time, he noticed a shadow on the ceiling.

He quickly turned, but found no-one there.

Batman whispered, "what was that?"

Batman soon makes it to a loading bay, quickly hiding among the rafters as he sees a large group of thugs in the room.

Batman used his detective vision to see a door hidden behind a ball.

Batman thought, 'I’ll need to find a way inside that room.'

As he started to think of a plan, he heard the thugs talking.

"Why do we gotta lock this place down anyway? Joker expecting the cops?"

"I heard It ain’t the cops he’s worried about. It’s Batman."

"Batman. That guy for real?"

"Well the boss seems to think so."

"Yah, well the boss also thinks green and purple are an acceptable color combo. So he'd probably think some nutball was dressed as a bat."

Batman had enough of the thugs talking and jumped down, knocking one out as he landed on top of them!

"It's Batman!"

"Get him!"

"Rip 'em a new one!"

Batman found it easy to take down the thugs in only a few minutes, knocking them all out. The caped crusader stands in the middle of the room as he looks down at all of the unconscious bodies around him.

Batman muttered, "that’s more like it."

Batman used some nearby crane controls to send the crane crashing into the wall. As he pulled the crane back, the wall was crushed to bits, and allowed him to get to the door hidden behind it.

Batman went through the door, once again noticing shadows dancing across the walls.

Batman raised an eyebrow as he raised his guard up.

He found himself walking to an elevator.

A thug was inside of it, yelling, "get them out of me! Help! No! Oh. God! Please NO! Get out! Get out! Get- AH!"

The thug died and slumped over in the elevator as Batman walked into it.

Batman muttered, "who did this? Hmm, I can use my evidence scanner to examine the body for clues…."

Batman began scanning the body for any signs of what killed him.

"No signs of assault…. Hmm…. His system shut down from acute toxicity. He’s been poisoned."

Batman took the elevator down as he heard more thugs in a large room talking.

"He just lost it. Started clawin’ at his skin and then he ran into the elevator."

"We should call for backup."

"So we can get laughed at cuz we can’t handle our jobs? Hell, no."