Chapter 11: GCPD

Batman landed on a rooftop across from the GCPD building.

As he hid in the shadows, he heard Alfred tell him, "Master Bruce, guards have been doubled at police precincts since Loeb’s murder. You’ll need to find a way to sneak in that won’t attract attention."

Batman replied, "understood. Thanks."

Batman kept to the shadows as he snuck around the guards patrolling the top of the building.

After a few close calls, he managed to get inside. He had to blow up a fragile wall in order to get inside. As he snuck through the walls, he heard various conversations between the cops.

"Hey, you hear that?"

"Yeah. Probably another water pipe bursting. Love to go take a look, but you know, my shift's over."

"Loeb…. Loeb understood. The problem is; Gordon ain’t a team player."

Batman thought, 'this won’t be easy. But if I’m going to access the National Criminal Database and find out what happened at Lacey Towers. I need to find the sewer room  without being discovered.'

As he continued sneaking through the walls, vents and such, he saw Jim Gordon addressing his men.

Batman grew a soft look upon seeing the kind man who had comforted him after the death of his parents.

Gordon said, "I know everyone’s still in shock over what happened to Commissioner Loeb, but we need to stay focused on our primary targets for tonight. So far, Waylon Jones has been processed, and we’re following an anonymous tip on Deathstroke’s location, but we’ve got a ways to go before sunrise."

A cop said, "yeah, well they were supposed to be guarding a crime scene, not gabbin’. No wonder Batman got the drop on‘em. Tell‘em to keep their eyes open next time."

As Batman soon came into a hallway, he saw two cops standing next to one another, watching some of the rookies at the shooting range.

They were talking about getting in on the bounty.

Batman knocked them both out by knocking their heads together.

Alfred said, "must you be so brutal Sir? These are city employees."

Batman said, "they’re as corrupt as they come, and they’re in my way."

Alfred said, "I wish you’d think twice about that approach, sir. You never know when you might need their help. At any rate, your objective is the GCPD Server room. I’ve marked it on your map."

Batman replied, "thank you Alfred."

Batman continued making his way through the police department as sneakily as he could.

He came to a door he needed to get through, but the console that unlocked it wasn't accessible.

Batman said, "I won’t be able to access doors like this with my Cryptographic Sequencer. I’ll need to find another way."

Batman decided to take a vent that led him over the room where Branden, a very corrupt cop, was addressing his men.

Batman thought, 'I won’t stand a chance against that many armed men. I can use Deathstroke’s remote claw to pass above their heads undetected.'