Chapter 23: Cold, Cold Heart, Part 1

3 days later….

We see a party being held at Wayne Manor, with a large number of people there.

The reason being?

Why, Wayne Manor was holding a New Year's Eve party!

Bruce is standing with Alfred and Lucius Foxx.

Lucius said, "wonderful party, Bruce. The company spared no expense it seems."

Bruce chuckled and said, "indeed it did."

Alfred said, "I think Ferriss is about to give a speech."

Bruce and the others turned towards the stage that had been set up.

A man is standing on the stage with several other people, holding a gold statue which is holding a diamond shaped heart over it's head. The plaque at the bottom reads; “Wayne Foundation: Humanitarian of the year.”

The man holding the trophy is the award winner, Ferrish Boyle, C.E.O of Gothcorp.

Ferris was saying, "people caring for people. Compassion. That’s the foundation Gotham was built on."

The crowd started cheering as a picture of Bruce and Ferris holding a check was above the stage.

Ferris continued, "and I have proudly built GothCorp on that same foundation. That’s why we’re called; the People Company."

The crowd cheered again as Ferris smiled and said, "thank you so much. Please. No, thank you."

Alfred leaned over to Bruce and said, "Mister Boyle seems to be after your title as Gotham’s biggest philanthropic industrialist."

Bruce replied, "Gotham needs more people like him."

Ferris sidles over to Bruce warmly. He opens his arms wide and they give each other a firm handshake.

Ferris said, "Bruce! I am blown away by your support."

Bruce smiled and said, "it’s well deserved. You’re going to change the world, Ferris."

Ferris said, "hey. We’ll change it together, right?"

Alfred said, "pardon me, Mister Boyle, the press is waiting. This way, please?"

Alfred gestures in the direction of the press and Ferris follows him as a piano begins playing.

Lucius said, "Mr. Boyle is quite generous, isn't he?"

Bruce said, "Gotham could use more people willing to help like he does."

Lucius smiled and said, "if you'll excuse me, Mr. Wayne, I'm going to get another drink…."

Lucius walked off, leaving Bruce standing there. 

But suddenly, he heard a sultry voice behind him say, "well, well, well…. Bruce Wayne, in the flesh…."

Bruce turned to see who had spoken.

Standing there was a beautiful woman. She had short black hair, striking green eyes, full lips with black lipstick on them, and wearing a shoulderless black dress that hugged her perfect curves with a slit on the side that showed off her long luscious legs. She wore black heels as well.

 She wore black heels as well