Chapter 22: Patrolling

It has been around three days since the events on Christmas Eve.

Both Bruce Wayne and Batman had taken steps to repair the damage caused by the bounty placed on the latter. 

Bruce had written several checks to the city in order to pay for the damages.

This included not only repairs to various buildings like the GCPD and Blackgate, but also the medical bills of various officers, and improving the security of said places. Batman, in turn, cleaned up the streets, as usual.

….

Bruce was currently sitting at his desk at Wayne Enterprises.

He was going over several proposals to cut costs the company had, and was searching for one that wouldn't sacrifice any jobs.

As he did so, he heard a knock at the door.

Bruce looked up to see a familiar face opening the door.

It was Candy!

Yes, the very attractive woman had taken the Wayne Enterprises deal, being bailed out and becoming Bruce's new secretary. Especially after she'd given testimonies about Penguin's many shady dealings.

Tracey had also taken the deal, and was now working as security for the building. She had also given testimonies about what Penguin had been up to. Given she had a bit of a shadier past than Candy, this helped with her “community service”, as Wayne Enterprises put it.

Bruce knew she'd probably become head of security at this rate.

Candy smiled and said, "Mr. Wayne, Mr. Foxx has just sent over those statistics you asked for."

Bruce smiled and said, "thank you, Candy. And please, just call me Bruce."

Candy giggled and said, "okay…. Bruce."

Candy smirked as she walked over to the desk and placed the papers in front of him. 

She winked and said, "I'm right outside if you need me, baby."

Candy walked out with a sway of her hips. 

That's another thing.

Candy and Tracey tended to flirt with Bruce any chance they had.

Bruce often got flustered by their attempts to get in his pants. Anyway….

Bruce looked over what Lucius sent, mostly calm as he sat there. 

But a few minutes later, his trained senses began to pick up on something. He felt like someone was watching him.

He slowly rose to his feet and made his way towards the door.

He locked it and closed his eyes. 

He heard a barely audible drop as he slowly opened his eyes and said, "what're you doing here, Shiva?"

Indeed, Shiva stood in the middle of the room, now wearing a black leather outfit and sunglasses.

She said, "hello there, detective. I told you we'd meet again."

Bruce slowly turned towards her and said, "I knew it'd be soon. Just not this soon…. Why are you here?"

Shiva said, "I've been seriously contemplating your words…. And you may be right."

Bruce raised an eyebrow and asked, "really?"

Shiva nodded as she walked over to the nearby windows and said, "indeed. I've taken a good look at the history of the League…. And our cause is more flawed than I initially thought. Many societies the League tore down so it could rebuild from scratch often repeated its mistakes. Your actions as both a billionaire and a vigilante have done more for this city than I initially thought. I am suggesting an alliance."