Fresh pies

Nature fairy ushijima x Water fairy male reader

Fantasy & modern AU

In a Japan, near Miyagi prefecture.

Fairies lived happily and were setting up banners and other decorations for the upcoming festival.

One of which is ushijima, ushijima was regarded as a stone face and blunt nature fairy, his friends consisted of tendou the fire fairy, semi and shirabu who were wind and nature and (y/n), his most cherished boyfriend.

"ushijima! Ushijima! Can I help out?" (y/n) appears next to ushijima, "how about next time? I'm helping your mother with the stall this time." "but you've already stolen most of my helping position since I introduced you to my parents.." a pout appears on his face as (y/n) looks out the window, the festival was coming up very soon and ushijima has been spending less and less time with him. 

His mother had enough help from ushijima and father but she also wanted to make fruit pie for the other neighbors, especially ushijima's parents in case they came over to check up on their son.

"can't you just leave it to me? Am I that bad at baking?" 

"based on what your mother said '(y/n) easily makes up sugar with salt and baking powder with flour, its best for him to stay out of the kitchen entirely'. I'm sure she thinks that your not suitable for baking anything for the time being." 

"I only did that cause I was sleepy once and couldn't hear what she was talking about! Did she really said that to you?" (y/n) was horrified, how could his mother back stab him just like that?!

"you can stay in the living room and watch some shows, I'll call you out once the pie is done and we can decorate." 

"really?!" 

"yes." ushijima nods and pats (y/n)'s head, (y/n) pulls away from him and runs over to the coach and turns on the television to a random channel and watches. 

2 hours pass and the pie is done, before ushijima could call (y/n) over, he was already next to him with a bowl of blueberries and blackcurrant. "not yet," "come on ushijima~ I'm dying to decorate it." 

"just a few more minutes." ushijima pats his head and puts the pie down onto the kitchen counter "let's wait for it to cool down first." "fine, while we're at that. Have you seen tendou's post on the festival preparations? They looked out of this world! Even the mermaids can't compare to ours!" (y/n) puts down the bowl and pulls out his phone from his pocket to show ushijima the picture.

"tendou did say that he was going to help shirabu and semi with their stall in the main square, did he tell you about what their stall is?" 

"they said they were selling smoothies like snowdrop flakes and blue lagoon dragonfruit. Maybe we can meet up with goshiki and tendou and go check it out tomorrow! What do you say?" (y/n) asked ushijima, "sure, as long as you hold my hand and not get lost." 

"what do you take me for? I'll always be by your side! That's a promise." (y/n) smiled and puffed his chest out, "now then..." (y/n) starts showing ushijima different kinds of stalls that were coming up in the festival, ushijima seemed impressed and asked a few questions which (y/n) answered easily.

"lastly is mother's baked cupcakes and mini cakes stall! Her stall is always packed to the brim once the festival starts, thankfully we have the baked pie to make up for it." (y/n) shows his mother's last year stall which was crowded by dozens of mythical creatures.

"your mother was originally a nature fairy right?" "yeah but when she married my father she stopped for 3 whole years just to take care of me, now with me grown up. I can help her out by giving flyers to customers!" water droplets started forming around (y/n) as he excitedly mentioned. 

"I'm sure your mother would like that." ushijima smiles and hugs him from behind.

"by the way, what's the pie for again?" 

"... Wanna eat it?" 

"sure!"

They got scolded by (y/n)'s mom the next day and had to bake another pie again.