Chapter 5

Breakfast pretty much went the same as the dinner the night before. No one said much, just asked how they all slept and how they were coping with this entrapment that they're all caught up in. The only thing that seemed to brighten up the morning was Rainbow who went back and forth between everyone. After finishing and washing up, they all decided to get to work. They all searched where they could go. Shops were open, including a supermarket (which was where Candi had found the dog food it seemed). The shops were filled with stock, especially souvenirs. However, none of the souvenir stock was branded so there wasn't anyway to identify what this place was. Employee only doors were all open, showing the storage areas and props for various things. Pip was looking around the stage. Sprout and Candi checked their rooms properly with a fresh pair of eyes. Bud was checking the kitchens. Dude was drifting between the different no public access areas with Rainbow following him. Mimi checked the different shops, resisting the urge to look at all of the merchandise. However, not much was offered in terms of clues. It was literally one step forward and two steps back.

Everyone felt defeated when they met up again. Nothing was playing out in their favours.

"Dude, do you have your phone on you?" Bud suddenly asked, taking his phone out of his pocket. Everyone had met back near the stage again. They didn't know where else they could've explored for now.

"Yeah." Dude answered after checking his pockets. He honestly hadn't realised that he had grabbed it. He put it down to muscle memory or an automatic pilot type kind of thing.

"Then, could I have your number?" Bud asked again, extending out a hand.

"Sure, but why?" Dude asked as he passed over his phone after unlocking it. Everyone else watched in fascination, wondering where this was going to go.

"I wish to conduct an experiment." Bud explained, immediately dealing in Dude's phone number.

"Our phones won't work." Pip sighed, wondering where this was going.

"Correction: they don't work for contacting the outside. But I'm seeing if maybe..." Bud muttered as he placed Dude's phone on the table. He tapped his phone once and placed it against his ear. It took a couple of seconds before music filled the air. Dude immediately recognised it as his phone ringing. He rapidly picked it up. Unknown caller, but he had a good feeling as to who it was.

"Hello?" He spoke as he accepted the call.

"Greetings!" Bud smiled proudly before hanging up.

"So our phones work but only to communicate in the building?" Mimi asked carefully, making sure that her words were correct.

"Exactly!" Bud beamed. "I'm predicting that there is a telecommunication field but exclusive to us from inside the building. Ergo, if we are all split up and need each other for emergencies only, we can communicate with our phones."

Not very helpful, but interesting and good enough to know.

"So has anyone found any clues?" Dude asked hesitantly. Everyone shifted uncomfortably where they sat. Each of them didn't exactly bring anything useful. However, they just needed to bring forth what they discovered.

"I've noticed that my room has been perfectly suited to me." Sprout offered up, hoping that it might lead to something.

"Mine too! It's perfectly pink!" Candi beamed excitedly.

"I think all of our rooms are like that. It's kinda creepy." Mimi added.

"Someone has been watching us somehow! That's even more creepy!" Sprout shouted, waving his arms dramatically (nearly accidentally whacking Candi and Dude in the process).