Chapter 2

- Harriet' s POV -

-

"Are you really sure she's okay, Doc?"

I could faintly hear my mom's worried voice and the soft sounds of footsteps pacing back and forth near my bed.

Sinubukan kong buksan ang aking mga mata pero parang bigla atang na paralyzed yung katawan ko at kahit konting muscle lang hindi ko magalaw.

What in the world just happened to me?

"Definitely. We already checked her up twice, so I'm pretty sure she didn't get any serious injuries, other than the small bruises on the side of her head. You don't need to worry anymore, Mrs. Abbott,"

An unfamiliar, deep voice reached my ears, and I was sure enough that my mom was talking to a doctor.

The professionalism in that tone and how he delivers the almost rehearsed lines reveal his profession, even if I don't open my eyes to prove my guess.

Wait a minute. 

Bakit nga pala may doctor? At bakit kausap ito ng nanay ko ngayon? Nasa Ospital ba kami? Possible. Pero, anu namang ginagawa namin dito?

The surge of questions swarming in my head left me with this sudden urge to open my eyes so as to get the answers to my own question.

"Pero bakit hindi parin siya nagigising hanggang ngayon, Doc?"

"Probably because of the medicine that we'd have injected on her, but she will surely be fine."

This time, I had to force myself to open my eyes one at a time, slowly and carefully.

"Mom," I winced in pain the moment I tried to move my head and look at my mother.

She scrambled next to me on my bed as she reached for my hand to hold it and worriedly asked,

"How's your feeling?"

"It feels like shit," I hissed out due to the pain at the back of my head.

 "Language, Harriet!" saway nito at pinanlakihan pa ako ng mata.

"I'm sorry,"

"See, I told you she would be fine."

The doctor, whom I only noticed standing next to my bed, stated it with a smug look on his face.

My mom gave him a warning look, prompting him to instinctively close his mouth and avert his gaze, pretending to look around the room.

I somewhat find it hilarious how my 45-year-old mother could even manage to intimidate those well-built human beings with just one look of her emerald eyes.

"May naaalala ka ba sa mga nangyari?" Her attention was back on me. Her face softened when she finally looked at me.

 I carefully shook my head, but as soon as I did, the previous incident flashed back in front of my eyes, and I shot my head up, startling her in the process.

"Hala siya!" I gasped silently, my eyes widening in horror.

"Why, what's wrong?"