Chapter 23

- Scarlet's POV -

-

It has been five frustrating days, and Harriet has been avoiding me like a plague.

Five straight frustrating days that she didn't even say a single word to me-even a simple hello or a good morning-she didn't give a damn.

And it makes me pissed off for real this time. I mean, I don't think I ever deserve to be treated like this when I did nothing wrong.

I also wasn't able to do the initial plan of spending more time with her because she has always been MIA.

Last week, I even sent her a message so we could talk privately. I waited at the meeting place, but she never showed up. I got stood up. The nerve. I'm actually hurt and quite disappointed when she did that, but I act as the bigger person and just let it slide. Thinking that maybe there are a lot of things on her mind at that time and she's not yet ready to talk about them.

Hindi na nasundan yun, kasi naging busy din ako the following days.

Ngayon lang talaga ako nagka-free time, pero siya naman itong todo iwas. Kahit yung paghatid at sundo niya sa akin sa bahay ipinakisuyo niya pa kay Celeste para lang makaiwas sa akin.

Malakas talaga kutob ko na may kinalaman yung nangyari before the rooftop incident sa lahat ng ito.

Because of that, it gives me more reason to talk to her to explain my side. That's why, after my last period this morning, I decided to look for her around the campus again.

Pinuntahan ko na halos lahat ng possible place na nandun siya unfortunately, she was nowhere to be seen.

Until, I was walking along the hallway of HUMSS building when I saw someone familiar.

"Cece! Cece, wait! "I called out as I chased after her.

Mabilis naman ang paglingon na ginawa nito at huminto din agad upang salubungin ako. "Oh, hey, Scar. What's up? Need anything?"

I catch my breath first before answering her.

"Have you by any chance seen Harriet?"

"Harriet? I thought she's with you?"

"No. I went to their house this morning, but Tita Lianne told me she had already left and that I thought she'd be here. Unfortunately, I couldn't find her anywhere on campus. So, I was expecting you've seen her or know where she could possibly be right now?"

She had crossed her arms as she directly faced me.

"Actually, naabutan ko siya sa may rooftop kanina kasama si Mackenzie, pero umalis din siya agad nung dumating ako. She said she had some important matters to attend to. And that was the last time I saw her today. I'm not really sure where she is right now."

"I see." I nodded my head in understanding, feeling a little bit disappointed. I thought I could at least get a clue on her whereabouts from her own cousin. But it seems that she was really on a mission to avoid me.

"Uhm, why? Is there something wrong? Why are you looking for her, by the way?"

I open my mouth to speak, but it suddenly feels difficult. I don't know why I suddenly feel nervous about that question.