Chapter 19

- Harriet's POV -

-

The day slowly drags on. It was one of those moments where it felt like the boredom was already too much to handle. It's as if whatever you do about it, it will still be there, pestering you.

It would've been better if Professor Alvarez, who is supposedly our professor for the period, weren't absent, and out of all the people on campus, yung substitute teacher na pinili pa nila ay yung pinaka nakaka-urat na professor na nakilala ko.

Professor Algame is the most terror professor that you could ever meet in your entire life.

Nagpa-quiz pa si Sir akala mo naman may natutunan kami sa mga lecture niya eh kulang nalang ipabasa niya buong textbook samin.

An unintentional grumble escaped from my mouth. This will only get worse.  Bakit ba ang tagal ng oras pag hinihintay mo? Gusto ko nang makita ulit ang magandang mukha ng mahal kong dyosa.

Mahal kong dyosa.

Hindi ko na naman napigilan ang sariling mapangiti lalo pa nung bumabalik sa alaala ko yung kiss na nangyari kagabi. Swerte parin ako kasi walang violent reaction na nangyari after nun bagkos ay tahimik lang kaming bumyahe pauwi sa mga bahay namin.

I'm not really sure what to make out of it. For now, I just don't want to give any meaning to what happened, even though it was clear as a crystal ball that both of us enjoyed the kiss. I can only hope that I will receive a positive outcome this time instead of heartbreak. Hindi parin kasi kami talaga nakakapag-usap simula kagabi. Siguro pag nakatyempo ako later ita-try kong i-open up yun sa kanya.

My thoughts were then interrupted when I felt my phone vibrate inside my pants pocket. I immediately pulled it out and found out that I had gotten a message.

Are you busy? Can we talk? This is important. I'll wait for you on the school's rooftop.

-Celeste

I clutched the device between my hands as I stared at the message one more time, just to make sure I had read it right. Now I feel kind of nervous.

This is it, I thought.

Celeste wanted to talk to me, and I was sure enough that it was about what happened between her and Kenzie. It is possible they already had that talk. I really need to go there. This will be the perfect time to confront my dear cousin about everything that has happened the past couple of days.

I stood up from my seat then.

Everyone was still too busy doing their own thing to even notice my sudden disappearance. Professor Algame was also on his phone, talking with someone, or whoever that person was on the other line.

I cautiously moved my head around the room to check if someone was watching me, and when I saw none, I silently tiptoed towards the door and finally exited the room.

———————————————

The rooftop was unusually quiet when I arrived; it's as if no one was there. But when I completely entered the area, my eyes immediately caught sight of a tall figure standing near the railings. Her long black hair flew on either side of her when a strong wind passed by. I wasn't sure if she had sensed my presence since her back was facing away from me, but as soon as I took a step forward, Celeste turned her head towards the door, then shifted her body and was now completely facing me.