Chapter 6: The origin.

When the first spinjitzu master created ninjago, he separated the land into two, one for the dark and the other for light.

Just like how dark and light need one another so do people. Everyone in ninjago is born with a soulmate. A soulmate being someone who when you meet their eyes, you'll feel a connection. A bond. It'll become more clearer as upon your hand there will be a specific mark. Assigned to you and your soulmate. It means you two have met or made eye contact before. Usually it isn't meant to be noticeable at first, it takes a while to form. But you know even before you get it.

The moon needs the sun to shine,
The earth is below the sky,
The cold and the warmth balance,
The sounds need silence,
The darkness can be found in light.

For one, it needs a balance. Everyone has a soulmate. Together they live through the hardships.

Now you're probably wondering how this makes sense, how come you can date others when you have a soulmate.

Ofcourse you get to be human for a while, once you turn 16 it is your mission to find the soulmate you're looking for in life. And no, you cannot change it. As it is fate who decides your perfect match. You just have to have the right chemistry first to ignite the flame or to make results in a formula. It takes work but, it's worth it in the end.

When you're searching for your soulmate, you'll find that you have no romantic interest even in the people you took a liking to before, the feeling's will disappear.