Chapter 8: I know you know, but i know that you know that i know.

It was nya. A soft grin on her face as she strutted inside. Oh god i could almost feel myself choking up? Throwing up? A bit of both really. I was caught out. She saw everything. Praying to God she doesn't expose.

"Sooooo Y/n" She said letting the so drag on a bit.

"Was that staring intended for Lloyd or did you just zone out and conveniently he was in your way" She looked into my eyes and examined my features. A determined look on her face as if she was trying to find me saying yes without me saying yes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Nya." I huffed and looked away as i continued "I was actually day dreaming about something". Bad move! Bad move! Y/N!! You've made it worseeeeee.

This didn't go unnoticed either. Nya began to laugh as she said "Daydreaming about Lloyd" I quickly had to try and shut her up, so i placed my hand over her mouth. My cheeks heating up in a red hue like a flower or a pansy's petals.

Eventually after her consistent remarks and teasing she left because she also had training to go do now. Finally some alone time.

However it did get me thinking 'am i starting to grow feelings for Lloyd? If so, why? When? How come?. I don't understand. I barely know him and he barely knows me.. could he..? No way Y/N you're just being silly.'

Most of the day i'd spend by myself or trying to find ways to help out. However i still thunk about my aunt and uncle. Their i shook the ninja and it didn't make any sense to them as to why'd they go missing in the first place.

It got to around late evening when the ninja finally were to rest for the remaining hours of the day and there was still so much to be done for them. Like make dinner, chores, cleaning. Ect ect. It's always so busy here i wondered if there was anyplace to feel a bit free.

Bored in my room after doing basically nothing but my own accord. I decided to make my way out onto the grounds of the monastery. Although i was new here, it wasn't hard to tell where everything was and where to find everything. I decided to have a look around. Inside the monastery. Outside. Until a certain gateway caught my eye, at the back of the monastery was a metal gate with leaves smelted onto the bars of cold metal. It intrigued me and before i knew it, i was opening it and looking down at stone steps which led down the side of the mountain.

Was this a secret way to get out of the monastery? Was this a way the ninja knew about? What's going on. Curiosity got the better of me as my pushing personality to know more kicked in as i carefully and silently walked down each stone step. Making sure to be as quiet as i could however my shoes kept making little slaps every time it made contact with the hard stone stairs.

It didn't take long until i was nearing what seemed to be the bottom, however there was still a ton of mountain left so this couldn't have been the bottom. Yet here i stood on ground that was in the mist of the foggy clouds which shrouded the mountain from intruders and disguised the monastery from anyone noticing or seeing from the very below.

Soft short grass stuck out of the ground little dew drops sliding down or dropping at the edge of it's tuffs. The trees were dark but had the most bloomed and full of life cherry blossoms a person could ever want to see. A small pond filled with koi fish,lilly pads and a small bridge with a willow trees vines hung around it. The place was so tranquil. It made me feel comfortable, welcomed, at peace with everything crazy happening in my life. Like my own private getaway holiday.

I walked and looked around in this garden as it had various plants and herbs growing in near orders with it's names on poles of sticks. The air smelt fresh and felt thick like a moisturiser. Pondering about by myself in this mysterious garden, i must've been so captivated by my surroundings as i'd not noticed the fog clearing and the sunset showing as it lowered on the east. It's rays made the dew drops in the grass look like diamonds and the trees looked like a painting made by the heavens.

"I'll definitely make this my comfort place in future" I whispered to myself, obviously not knowing that i wasn't alone in this 'secret' garden i'd stumbled upon as a chuckle was heard through the silence. I quickly turned my head to see.

"Lloyd.." I breathed, my eyes widened a bit from his sudden entrance as i felt a bit embarrassed he heard me talking to myself.

"It's a nice garden isn't it?" He asked with a soft smile on his face as he waited for my answer.

"Yes.. ofcourse, it's uhm, it's really lovely. I didn't know the monastery even had a garden."
I said in a genuine sense of sincerity.

"Yeah not many people do, but here it is. Sometimes i like to come here and just let myself feel the troubles of everything fall off my shoulders.. yknow?" He said as he walked over to my side and stared into the distance as the sun setting was almost half gone.

I also turned to look as-well, enjoying the moment, taking the opportunity to get to know him better. "I guess so, i didn't know the famous green ninja could ever have such troubles in his life" I joked as i laughed.

He let out another chuckle as he said "Being a ninja means you Have to be in ALL of the trouble, but at-least it's for a good purpose." A sense of pity and empathy was carved onto my facial features as i had turned to face his, of-course he was still looking towards the sunset but i felt my heart ache at his words. The struggle, the life threatening danger he's always put in.. and here he stands. A teenager like me.. what a cruel way fate must have with him.

"Is it scary? Knowing that mission after mission it could be your last.." I said as i drifted off into thought letting them spill out like an overflown bath.

"Sometimes... but i accepted it a long time ago, now i just follow what fate wants me to" He said as he turned to face towards me, finally noticing the pity on my face for him. Which he kindly smiled as he said " nothing to be sad about though, death comes to all of us. At least mine would always be for a good cause and for the people out there who cannot protect themselves."

"Is it really ok for you though. Do you not ever wish that.. you could've been something else other than this?" I said quickly which made him tense up and pause for a moment, his smile faded as he was now in deep thought, still maintaining eye contact with me the whole time.

"Sometimes you don't get to choose who you've got to be in life. That's the way it works" He said back to me, which made me look away acknowledging his answer yet there was many more i still had for him..

"Anyways, zane's almost finished with dinner snd i'm pretty sure you don't wanna go to bed on an empty stomach.. unless you're planning on eating the koi fish in the pond, with a side of lilly pad?" he said the once disappearing smirk reappearing for his teasing which made me snort and laugh a bit as i nudged his shoulder and turn around, already starting to walk away to the steps once again. To which, he laughed and followed along...