Chp1- Difference of Opinions

After 4 years

In Tulsipur, Roy chaudary mansion:

Trilochan roy chaudhary holding the telephone receiver in his hand is screaming in joy " Really Anirudh? Am I hearing it right? You are going to come home for Som's wedding?

Arey Bihariiiii, Decorate the whole house, my Anirudh is going to come home after 4 years". He hangs up the telephone and continues screaming in joy " Binoy, Som, Batuk, Bahuuuu, Anirudh is returning home.. Som, your dada is coming home for your wedding".

All the family members are extremely happy to hear that their beloved Anirudh is coming home. Som and Batuk are over the moon and scream " Dada is coming home?? Finally ".

Amidst all the happiness, Bondita slowly withdraws herself into her room and locks herself. Looking at her Patibabu's photo which is hung above her bed, she speaks with teary eyes, " I'm glad that you atleast love your younger brother that you are coming home for his wedding. Else why would you come now when you didn't come home after multiple requests from Kaka sasurji and all the family members for all these years.

I know that the moment you arrive, you would say "Bravo Bondita, I'm so proud of you, you have topped your 12th std exams". Why wouldn't you be proud of me, afterall exams and me becoming a barrister are the only thing that matters to you.

Over these years, I realised one thing Patibabu, that although we are similar in many aspects there is one striking difference between us, that if we need to choose between Responsibility(zimmedari) and Love(pyaar), you would always choose Zimmedari and I would always choose Pyaar.
Love is the only thing which keeps the entire world binded, but you would never understand that.
You would never understand how much Kaka sasur ji loves you, how much sasurji, somnath dada, batuk love you, how much I love yo... Sorry sorry, I don't have the authority to say this, not when I'm your zimmedari and nothing more.
Don't worry Patibabu, I will never make the mistake of expressing what you mean to me. I know that you are possibly just bearing me only because you had promised my mother during our wedding to take my responsibility, hence you want to give the best to me, why else would you tolerate me?
I will stay in your life to help you fulfill the promise you made to my mother but I will stay in your life as if I don't even exist."

In Calcutta Railway Station:

Anirudh is impatiently sitting inside the Train compartment waiting for the train to depart from calcutta to Deenpur. His heart throbbing with both excitement and anxiety. Excitement to meet his Bondita and Anxiety reason unknown to him,probably since he is going to see her after 4 years.

He takes out his wallet from his pocket and opens to see the picture of Bondita and himself with the barrister robe. He had kept this picture of them in his wallet when he was away from her all these years.
There was one time when he had saudamini's picture in his wallet and today he has bondita's and his picture in his wallet.
Seeing the picture with happiness in his eyes he says" I'm extremely delighted to see where you stand today Bondita. In the whole of Bengal you are the first female student who have topped 12th std exams. Soon you will be the First female Barrister in the whole of our country.
I know it's been a difficult phase of 4 yrs of seperation but this was necessary Bondita. Now that you are grown up, I hope you would understand my reasons. I'm not just coming for Som's wedding but also to bring you along with me and to get you admitted in the best law college of Calcutta. I too have made up my career as a leading barrister in Calcutta and we can stay together here where you study well and become India's first female Barrister. You would become my Barrister babu Bondita.
I do know that I hurt you the way I left home but I promise to make up for those bitter memories. We shall make new memories filled with happiness in our new home in Calcutta".

What happened in Anirudh and Bondita's lives during these 4 years?

Why do you think Bondita has changed her thoughts towards their dream and Patibabu?

How will will their lives be when they stay under the same roof in calcutta as Anirudh has planned? Would Bondita agree to Anirudh's plans?

To know more, keep reading. Please do share, vote and comment.