Chp 28 - Anirudh's come back

Anirudh ordered again, " Bonditaaa, go pack your bags. We have a train in the evening to Calcutta, do you want to miss the train?" While Bondita walked away to her room with a confused look, Anirudh exclaimed with a wide smile, "Kaka, start the preparations for the grand welcome of your Grand child." Saying this he too left to his study while drawing puzzled looks from all the family members. Binoy remarked " Da, couldn't you act for a while longer that you are sick? I guess Anirudh suspected that you were never ill." Trilochan confidently replied, " Oh common Binoy, even if gets to know, he has already promised me for a child and moreover, Anirudh and Bahu share a husband wife relation in all senses now. I don't need to worry at all." 

Batuk clenched his fist in anger learning that Trilochan had faked sickness.  Binoy had overlooked that Batuk was standing behind him and was conversing with Trilochan. Batuk yelled in anger, " Oh really kaka? So all this while you were enacting to be sick? You were betraying me? I though you would support me but here , you went in an totally opposite direction. And what did you get out of this? What about the fact that Anirudh dada is ready to educate her even when she gets pregnant?  Anirudh dada will make her a Barrister in any circumstances and all you can do is  keep just enacting here. Had you listened to my idea of getting Anirudh dada married to someone else and getting Bondita married to me, things would have been different. But now, the whole world will insult your sons and praise your Bahu. This whole family is so good for nothing." Saying he walked out with pain in his eyes and extreme disappointment.

 After a while, when Bondita came down with her bags, Anirudh called out ," Bihari, call everyone here in the living room." When everyone assembled, Anirudh asked pointing at Trilochan, " What is this Kaka? You have not yet began any preparations for welcoming your grand child? Bondita and I are getting late to leave for Calcutta. Bihari, go get the Arati plate, atleast this is the least you can do for your grand child isn't it?" Trilochan replied, " Anirudh have you lost your mind? Bahu is not yet pregnant and you are asking me to welcome your child?" Anirudh smilingly replied, " Yes kaka, when did I say that Bondita is pregnant? But that doesn't mean I dont have a child?" While everyone looks on, Saurabh entered the mansion along with Sashwati. Anirudh looking towards the entrance questioned," Won't you welcome my daughter Kaka, your grand child?" He walked towards the entrance and spoke in a firm tone , " Here she is, my daughter, your grand child." Everyone looked baffled. Their eyes were screaming questions. Anirudh looked at each one of them and spoke, " I know, all the questions you have in your mind. I will explain."

Flashback:

Bondita totally believed her Patibabu and was ready to accept whatever he did or didn't do today. He placed all the jewelry on the side table and got close to her. He pulled the blanket over them and wrapped his arm over her stomach. He then moved a little over her stretching his hand to switch off the lamp which was beside her. Soon Bondita fell asleep due to tiredness , however Anirudh was still very restless. He didn't sleep a minute. There were thoughts running his mind. He thought," I know Bondita has grown up to be 17 yrs. Its common at this age to have children, however how can I force myself on her. This is not right. I know she loves me , however this is not the way to start our family life. Especially not when she may not be physically ready. Although its common to have children at this age, I'm afraid of her wellbeing. Besides, as a child bride , she didn't get a chance to chose her life partner or anything in her life. Still I'm lucky that she loves me and has accepted me whole heartedly. I need to secure her future in all ways. Be it her health, her happiness or her education. I cannot compromise on anything when it comes to my Bondita. At the same time, kaka is not well. I had to promise him, I have no idea how to fulfill the promise given to him." He turned around to look at Bondita, she was sleeping so innocently. He placed his palm on her cheek and thought, " How can I destroy my Innocent Bondita's future for a promise. I know I don't break promises but I can do anything for my Bondita. Even break a promise. However, what if Kaka gets more sick due to me not fulfilling his promise? If anything happens to kaka, I cannot forgive myself. At the same time I cannot put my Bondita's future at stake."