Chp 8 - Bondita's Indirect Confessions

Soon everyone went to get ready for Somnath and Tapur's last post wedding ritual. As Anirudh moved into Bondita's room , he too went to get dressed up in their room. Anirudh wore a Dark green Kurta with contrasting White Dhoti and Bondita was wearing similar green lehenga with Bright red color Pallu. Anirudh unintentionally blushed seeing that they were both twining in the same color. Bondita was wearing her jewellery in front of the mirror while Anirudh's reflection was seen in the mirror. Bondita was trying hard to not look at Anirudh which didn't go unnoticed by him. He went towards Bondita from Behind, took the bangles which she was holding in her hands. She turned towards him in surprise when he spoke in a teasing tone " Bondita, Just like you have given your Patibabu permission to look at you, your Patibabu too gives you permission to look at him." He softly slid the bangles into her hands waiting for her reply. He intentionally used the word "Patibabu" to make her feel as comfortable with him as she was earlier. However to his disappointment she didn't respond. She just looked down as usual. This had been her regular behavior around him now. She never made an eye contact with him. Even if she did, it was for mere few seconds. Anirudh had told multiple times that he didn't want her to hide her eyes from him but she didn't change. She continued to behave cold in front of him.

Anirudh was really missing the old Bondita, who was chirpy, used to question, used to talk non stop and above all used to do mischiefs which made the whole house smile. But now, she herself didn't smile, what to speak about making others smile.

Both of them heard a knock on the door. Anirudh opened the door to see Sampoorna standing holding her baby bump. As soon as Anirudh saw Sampoorna, the first thought which came to his mind was that Bondita may become cheerful when she meets her loving sister. He really was waiting to see the cheerful Bondita. He greeted her " Hello Sampoorna, how are you? Please come inside." Sampoorna replied " Hello Jamai Babu. I'm fine, thank you. I'm very much pleased to see you home after so many years. Sorry I was not well so we could not make it your brother's wedding, thats why came to wish them today." She stepped inside the room and saw Bondita.

Anirudh was expecting Bondita to run cheerfully towards Sampoorna saying "Sampoorna Didiiii" and hug her like earlier days, however again to his disappointment, he saw a complete different Bondita. 

Bondita casually questioned "Sampoorna Didi , why did you take the trouble of coming upstairs in your pregnant state? I was anyway coming down." Sampoorna replied with a complaining  tone " I have not come here to meet you. I have come here looking for my Sashwati. She was no where to be seen, so I thought she would have been here playing with you. Don't think that I have come to see you. When you don't bother to meet me for my baby shower , why do you think I would come to meet you?"

Bondita guiltily replied " Sorry Didi I was busy, I could not get time to attend your baby shower. Please calm down and have a seat."  Sampoorna Immediately reacted "Ofcourse, you were busy, you had all the time to go to Shantiniketan that day but not come to my home. To add on, you sent the gift through your servants. I know Bondita, you are Malkin of the Roy Chaudhary , you need not attend functions of low class people like us, but I assumed that you still love your sister and was waiting for you, but when you sent the gift through the servants, I had to believe that you became exactly like other Rich malkins."

Bondita irritatingly replied in a louder tone " Oh common Didi. You are taking this in a complete different direction. I never treated you differently. It was just that I was busy I could not make it to your home. I felt if I cannot make it personally to your baby shower, atleast my best wishes would reach you on your special day, that's why I sent the gift through the servant. I didn't mean to put you down in any way." She paused for a few seconds and continued with a long breath and a soft tone " Sorry Didi, if you felt bad for my absence. But I told you many times don't count on me for anything. Please smile and be happy. In this phase, you should always be happy for your baby."