Chp 32 - Bitter Sweet Reunion

Soon they were on the way back home when Bondita spoke, " Patibabu, let's go to Tulsipur. I need to first bring you justice. I Need to fight against Richard and Robert." Anirudh frowned and asked, " But Bondita , Why Tulsipur? You can fight here in Calcutta. Robert was targeting the woman of Calcutta who belonged to the Outcasted colony. " Bondita nodded, "Yes Patibabu, but I found out that after we moved those woman to a safer place, he did his best to find them and when he somehow found out that we have moved those woman to a different place, he went to Tulsipur to hurt the woman there in order to seek revenge from us." Anirudh widened his jaws in horror," What? Are the woman fine? Whom all did he hurt? How did you get to know all this?" Bondita placed her palm on his shoulder to calm him and spoke, " Relax Patibabu. They are fine. I got to know this from one of my friends from Shantiniketan who started living in Tulsipur after her remarriage. She had written a letter to thank you for changing her life. Due to the laws you passed on widow remarriage, she was able to marry a widower and now both of them are happy in their married life. They have settled down in Tulsipur. When she wrote to me about this, she also wrote to me about Robert who was trying to harm the woman saying that Anirudh Roy Chaudhary will be very sad to see the woman tortured and hence he would love to torture them. Woman were saved from their husbands but unfortunately , many people didn't like the revolution brought by you. The families who have encountered Robert, feel that due to your revolutionary acts ,Tulsipur has become unsafe now. That's the reason, I first want to go to Tulsipur to make people understand that all the troubles are not due to You bringing revolution but due to bad people like Robert."

Anirudh replied, " Bondita, I'm very happy that your friend's remarriage really helped her. And I also know there are few orthodox people who still don't understand the necessity for Revolution. They only think that raising voice or bringing change can disturb everything. This is where people need to change their perspectives in viewing things." Bondita replied, " Yes Patibabu, that's what I want to do now. Let' s go to Tulsipur to change the perspectives of the people, collect some more evidences against Robert and then fight against him for Justice." Anirudh happily nodded with a grin, placing his palms over her cheeks and spoke, " Yes my Barrister Bondita." They laughed out and left to Tulsipur.

Upon reaching Tulsipur, they saw that there were two kinds of people. Few who had come to welcome them honourably while others who stood far away just sparing glances at them and gossiping about them. Bondita felt a little bad when she saw few people gossiping about them from far off, however Anirudh held her hand to calm her down. He looked into her eyes and made a gesture through his eyes that he is there to support her. With their hands intertwined, they soon reached the Roy Chaudhary mansion. On the door step, they found Trilochan standing with Aarati plate to welcome his son and daughter in law. However, he saw that Binoy and Batuk were present with cold faces. As they stepped in, Trilochan performed Aarati and welcomed them saying, "Finally you both arrived. This haveli was so incomplete without you both. I'm so happy. Congratulations Bahu, finally you fulfilled your Patibabu's dream. You became a barrister just like your Patibabu." Bondita and Anirudh bent down to seek his blessings, however Anirudh's face remained stern. Looking at his angered face, Trilochan asked, " You are still angry with me Anirudh? Haven't you forgiven your kaka? I know my deeds have hurt you in the past, but I have realised my mistakes. I realised that my son is extra ordinary then how can his actions be ordinary? I know as per my morals, I'm against a wife being equal to her husband but you can call me biased but nothing is more important than my son's happiness. My son's dreams are not ordinary." Bondita interrupted, " Kaka SasurJi , I can never be equal to my Patibabu, and even If I can, I don't want to be equal to him. He will always be my teacher, my mentor and my protector. I don't want to compete with him ever." Trilochan replied, " I know Bahu. I know you well. But with the norms of the society, I was blinded to think that my son's fame would be snatched by you." Trilochan looked at Anirudh with teary eyes and continued," I'm ready to accept all your revolutions but not being far away from you. You had stayed away from family many times due to your education , career etc but this time , this distance is not between towns but between our hearts which is unbearable for me. All these years, only Bahu has been talking to me over phone. It pained so much to not be able to talk to you. I know very well , whenever I wanted to hear your voice, Bahu used to intentionally talk to you so that I can hear your voice when you replied to her through the telephone receiver. And you too used to hear my voice through the receiver when Bahu used to talk to me right? But still you couldn't talk to me?" Anirudh's eyes teared up listening to him. Anirudh spread his arms to hug his beloved kaka. Both of them had tears in their eyes. Anirudh spoke without breaking their hug, " Sorry kaka. You missed me a lot right? I too did Kaka." Trilochan replied against his shoulders, " I'm sorry too Anirudh. If you want to bring revolution, go ahead. Do whatever you want but don't go away from me anymore. Your kaka can't tolerate it." Trilochan and Anirudh continued to hug each other even more tightly trying to remove all the sorrow within their hearts.