Chp 22 - Batuk's Bizarre vision,A Seperated Anidita

At Tulsipur:

In Trilochan's room, Batuk was sobbing incessantly with his hands on his cheek which had become red as Trilochan had slapped him. Batuk cried out frustrated " Sorry Kaka but I don't think I have done anything wrong. All my actions were for the benefit of our family especially Anirudh dada." Trilochan yelled " Benefit? Separating your Dada and Boudi seems like a benefit for you? And how shamelessly you are saying that you don't think it is wrong? Batuk defended himself " Yes, I'm not wrong. All of you are wrong who are forcing them to be husband wife when they were never and will never be. Anirudh dada just married her to save her from Sati. If he had the choice to bring her home to protect her without marriage, he would have happily done it.

Just imagine kaka, if the society would have allowed Dada to bring her home without any relation, Anirudh dada would have brough her home, she would have stayed here in our home as our friend and eventually when the time is right, probably you yourself would have got me and her married as we are almost of the similar age. Then why is it wrong now? Dada had to fill her hairline just as a license to bring her home. Nothing more. Did Dada tell you anytime that after Bondita grows up he will treat her as his wife. He never said that. He always has been saying from the day he got married that he brought Bondita home as his responsibility to protect her. Not once did he admit he wants to make her his wife, not even as a plan for his future. Then why do you think what I have done is wrong?"

Trilochan yelled " Shameless, do you even know what Marriage means? Marriage is not just a license but a bond for 7 births." Batuk exclaimed " Oh common kaka. In our family friend Basu's house, their eldest son passed away when his wife was pregnant. The family themselves got the younger son married to his sister in law so that the child doesn't feel the void of a father's love. What about their 7 births bond in that case? If that was accepted by the society why not me and Bondita? Besides this will benefit Anirudh dada and Boudi both.

Let's talk about Anirudh dada's benefit first :Assume that I don't interfere in their relation, Dada will make Bondita a barrister. Then two things will happen. 1. Haters of woman empowerment will attack Dada for making a woman a Barrister. You very well know how many times Dada has got hurt in his fitoor of revolutionary activities. 2. Supporters of Woman empowerment will bring Bondita in limelight while Dada's sacrifices will all be unnoticed. We all know the questioning (Tarks) ability of Bondita, do you think she cannot overpower Anirudh dada in court? In either case, dada's life and career/prestige is at risk.

Now about Bondita's benefit: No matter how educated she becomes, how famous she gets, still she will forever have a void in her life. Void of husband's love and following so void of the happiness of motherhood. Do you think dada would accept her as wife soon after her education is completed. I don't think so. Dada never promised anything of that sort. For him, making her independent is his topmost priority. After she becomes independent, he may let her free from this unwanted relationship. For any woman, I think that would be the biggest defeat. I know you love your Bondita Bahu, do you want her to have such a big void in her life? I would say get me married to her, I will give her the tag that she has got her Husband's love. That will remove all the black marks on her image. Also, I will keep her happy Kaka. We can live a normal married life like how the society expects. She would be the Khushal grihini and I be her Pati parmeshwar."

Trilochan yelled in anger " And you think Bondita bahu will let his happen? She treats Anirudh as her God. She will never agree for this." Batuk confidently smirked and replied " Kaka, every girl is taught to treat her husband as God. You get her married to me , she will start treating me too as God. Moreover, Woman are not asked to whom they want to marry. Elders decide that for them. You being her kakasasurji can decide for her. Also I'm sure her mother and Thakuma too would not oppose as they would want her married life to be successful. Besides If Bondita is not away from dada's life, he too would eventually feel the void of an incomplete married life. After Bondita is married to me, Anirudh dada too can think of marrying a suitable life partner, which he would never do now as marrying again in the presence of a wife is against his morals."