Chp 24 - Their Emotional Confessions

Note-During that Era people were often more shy in nature and never had bold confessions verbally saying "I LOVE YOU etc", it always subtle. You would not get any specific love confession kind of scenes in my story. It would be subtle gestures like in this chapter.

Anirudh was standing under the hot sun with his hands cuffed, beads of sweat formed on his forehead after listening to Richard's conditions. He closed his eyes remembering how that woman whom he treated like a sister came up to him to ask for Justice. His eyes became moist imagining the situation of the women who are victims of Robert. He opened his eyes with tears to see Bondita being bound to the chair beside Richard who had a Gun in his hand ready to shoot. He started remembering all the moments he cherished with Bondita. His thoughts were broken by Richard's voice. Richard questioned loudly, " So what did you choose?" Anirudh with tears in his eyes, replied in a low tone " Leave her." Bondita nodded in negation while Richard continued "Good, a very wise choice indeed. Get down on your knees and rub your nose on the floor asking for forgiveness , sign the required papers and then I shall leave her."

Bondita screamed with rage " NO. NO PATIBABU. Don't bend down. Its fine, you choose option 2. You don't worry about me. You never are going to bend your head down in front of these people. " She turned towards Richard and spoke in a louder voice " My Patibabu is a righteous man. He is man of morals and always supports the right. He will never ever bend down to wrong people like you. You may play whatever tricks you like, but you can never defeat my Patibabu. I will never let my husband lose. Never."

Richard smirked, raised his Gun and placed it over her forehead " Oh really? You don't want him to lose? Then fine, bid your husband farewell." While Bondita closed her eyes watching Richard's hand on the trigger, they heard a thud sound and turned around to see , Anirudh had fallen down on his knees with his eyes on the ground.

The Anirudh Roy Chaudhary who was always fearless, who never bent his head down in front of even the most powerful people who supported the wrong, was on his knees today to save his wife. It was a pitiful scene to behold. What a helpless situation they were in.

Bondita screamed in tears " NO PATIBABU. NO, DON'T DO THIS. PLEASE. YOU FORGET ABOUT ME. PLEASE GET UP. DON'T BEND DOWN. NOOO." She tried to free her hands from the chair and tried to grab Richard's gun saying " Richard I choose option 2. Kill me. JUST KILL ME."

Before Bondita could struggle to free her hands and reach Richard's gun, she saw Anirudh bending down , his nose touching the ground. Bondita felt a thousand arrows pierce her heart watching him and at once burst our crying " NOO NOOO NOOO." She too involuntarily fell on the ground , along with the chair on which she was bound. She too placed her head on the ground, as if her heart was paying him obeisance's. Both of them were on their knees with their head on the ground facing each other on either ends of the fire which was in between both the sides. It marked the symbol of love and respect they had for each other. The kind of love where they are ready to give up their honour and life for each other. Bondita was sobbing very loudly with her tears flowing down like a river being absorbed in the sand beneath her. While she was still crying, Anirudh got up and spoke in a cold tone " I will sign the papers but first release her." Richard's guards removed the Hand cuffs from his hands and handed him the papers. Meanwhile, Richard opened the chains which tied Bondita to the chair. The minute Anirudh signed the papers, Richard put off the fire between them. Bondita ran towards Anirudh and embraced him crying loudly. Her height could reach his shoulders. She was breathing heavy due to her incessant crying and clutched his shirt tightly while he placed her hand over her head to calm her down. He pulled himself closer to deepen the hug with tears in his eyes. His tears were falling over her head while her tears made his shirt moist. Both of them were emotionally down and were finding solace and each other's arms crying their hearts out.