Chp 15 - Anirudh's attempt, Batuk's anxiety

Batuk sat on the sofa with his legs placed one above the other and newspaper in his hands. He called out "Bonditaa, Where is my Tea? " He waited for a couple of minutes but didn't get his Tea. He repeated again " Bonditaaa, my Tea" this time a little more louder. Bondita came with his Tea in her hands speaking " Batuk, Can't you wait a little? I was busy making breakfast for the elders at home." She bent down towards the table in front of Batuk to place the Tea cup while Batuk caught hold of her hair and pulled her face dangerously close to his face and spoke with a low voice grinding his teeth " When I ask you to come, you must come. Don't you dare defy me for any reason, clear? "
Anirudh kept on screaming "BONDITAAA, BONDITAAA.. " his body shivering while he was leing on the cold floor with his eyes closed. Bondita rushed towards him on hearing his screams and woke him up from his sleep. After having spoken to Saurabh last night, he laid on the floor and didn't realise as to when he fell asleep. When Anirudh opened his eyes, he saw Bondita in front of him calling out to him "Patibabu, Please wake up, what happened" realising that the scene which ran in front of him about his brother was indeed a horrifying dream. He immediately raised himself up and rubbed Bondita's head on top of her hair to soothe her as if she was really hurt by Batuk's torment. He was shivering due to the extreme cold radiating to his body from the cold flooring in peak winter. In addition the horrible dream was making his breathing heavy.

Bondita held him by his arms and brought him to the sofa making him sit comfortably. She ran towards the room to get a warm blanket to cover him. Meanwhile Anirudh thought " What kind of a dream was that? Thankgod it was a dream. My little brother may not be such as the dream. Perhaps I was thinking way too much after what Saurabh told me, that I saw such a dream. But, why I'm feeling very restless, as If something bad is going to happen." He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt Bondita wrap a warm Blanket around him. He watched her with teary eyes. Bondita came closer to him and started rubbing his palms to make him feel better.

In Tulsipur Roy chaudary mansion:

Batuk was walking to and fro the living room impatiently waiting for Bondita's telephone. He stood near the table containing the telephone and slammed his palm against it in frustration thinking " I wonder why Bondita didn't call me yet. I really hope she could stop Dada in paying her fees in the law college. I cannot tolerate it, if she becomes a Barrister. I told her to keep updating me about everything that happens there, then why didn't she call me yet? It is getting really hard to keep a check on her while being so far away especially when Anirudh dada is around her. While she was here it was so easy to keep her in my control. "
Batuk's thoughts were broken when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see Saurabh. Saurabh thought in his mind" I need to somehow find out what's going on in Batuk's mind. Let me try talking to him and see. " Saurabh asked " What happened Batuk, you look so worried? You are standing near the telephone, expecting a call? "
Batuk stammered "Uh no no, I was just a little worried about my new responsibilites of the Family Business." Saurabh intentionally asked " You must be missing your Boudi right? As she was the one who used to do all your work."

Batuk smirked thinking " Of course I'm missing her. I used to intentionally make her do all my work so that she doesn't get time to study at all. Besides I loved it when she does my work. I loved to see her beautiful face, her cheeks, her eyes, her rosy lips. I so love it when she obeys me obediently and is under my control.
But I equally hate it when she gets ahead of me. I hated it when she still used to score the highest inspite of keeping her occupied with my work."

Saurabh could see the drastic changes in Batuk's facial expressions while he was lost in his thoughts. Batuk's face had a smile on his lips and twinkle in his eyes which later changed to anger.
Saurabh spoke "Batuk, where are you lost? I'm asking you something. "
Batuk felt embarrassed at being caught and bashfully replied " No no I'm not missing her. I was just thinking something else....You don't worry about me, thanks for the concern but please carry on with your work dada. "
After Saurabh left, Batuk thought " Let me call Bondita myself. Atleast I can find out what's going on there. Else I cannot remain calm. "